Thread: Virgin America Pass

1. Default

Dickson, headed your way...

DC# 03060320000397593676

Great pics

The patina on that wave is perfect.

3. Smile

Cool!!!!

Package arrived. In communication wth mauied to be sure I make trades that everyone will like. Anybody else want to help?
    Last edited by Dickson; 09-02-2006 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Addition
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

4. Smile

I'd like to thank Paul and slcraiders for the opportunity to participate in this pass.

I have done alot of running around to come up with my puts. Hell, I went all the way to N.H. for the AF Hemingaway. Being my first pass I didn't want to mess this up. After much salivating and an opportunity to see many different types of ISOM's.

Here are my puts.

1. Montecristo Royale Delacroix in a Tube
    2. Cao Gol
    3. A.F. Hemingway Signature Maduro
    4. Opus X Reserva d' Chateau
    5. Bolivar Belicoso Fino ISOM

With Mauied(Paul)'s advise this is what we came up with for takes. I'd also like to thank Basil for his input.
    Joya de Nicaragua Antano for cao brazilia gol
    AF Anejo for opus
    AF King B for sig maduro
    Partagas Serie D No. 4 for bolivar belicoso fino
    WOAN for Montecristo Royale

What do you guys think?

Time to take pics and ship this baby out. Puff you ready?

P.S. We ran out of room on the Put/Take sheet so I made up another.
    Last edited by Dickson; 09-03-2006 at 03:55 PM. Reason: P.S.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Alrighty - it's been a while, Puff hasn't been logged on since late July, and in consulting with a couple guys in the pass, I'm gonna elect to move this pass forward to the next guy on the list - Cabaguan Juan's up.

Hey CJ - you ready for the incoming? Assuming your current address (or the one you want these sticks sent to) is the one in your profile? I put a work address on the pass list.

Post back with which addy you want the pass box sent to you we'll get this rolling on the last leg of the journey.

Mebbe we can meet up at Shelly's to wrap it up.
    Last edited by mauied1101; 09-07-2006 at 06:37 PM. Reason: insert CJ's name
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Good call. We do not need another one of those reaganyouth experiences with as smooth as this pass has gone.
    Last edited by slcraiders; 09-07-2006 at 06:39 PM. Reason: to add: I am not questioning Puff's character, I would simply hate to see the pass arrive at an "empty" destination and come to a halt.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

7. Thumbs up

Great call Paul!!!!
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Good call. We do not need another one of those reaganyouth experiences with as smooth as this pass has gone.
    Right - no harm, no foul, we're just keeping momentum on the home stretch.

Skip Him !!!!!!!

Next !!!!!
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

It's nice to see this pass moving along so smoothly. You've done an excellent job on this one Paul.

Paul, either one will work, but maybe do my home address since it will be in an AC building rather then in and out. My address in my profile is my home one. I like the idea of meeting up at Shelley's to wrap things up. I'm ready, just send her on home to Bethesda!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Good call on the re-direct. Also I went and bought a new pic card reader at lunch and will post my pics soon. I never did find that camera cord. I would like to blame it on my 3 yr. old but after a lengthy discussion last night it appears my wife had it last.... good thing I like her.

13. Thumbs up

Got all I need. Will send it out tommorrow. I'll post the DC# then. Have fun Jon!!!!!!!
    ~ Mark Twain

14. Smile

In coming Jon

DC#0305 0830 0001 2235 2341. Have one of two pics, will attempt to post once I've got the second one.
    ~ Mark Twain

Default The Eagle has landed

Well, I picked up the package from Dickson yesterday, cut through a roll and a half of duct tape, dug through two Sunday papers worth of packing paper and retrieved the goods. I opened up the Tupperware and Ziploc baggie and placed them in my coolidor for the time being, as I won’t be able to get to it until tonight. I haven't thorough checked it but everything looks good thus far. Once I figure out my P/T's I'm hoping to enlist Maui to help me with the picture taking and posting. Then possibly wrap up this transcontinental voyage with him. Let me ponder my P/T's and consult the elders. High five to all who have participated so far.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Default No RY

Sorry for the delay. It has been a combination of no internent at home, work suddenly picking up, and camping over the weekend. Ok, now my possible picks:
    Take-Puts:
    #12 Torano Torpedo - 5 Vegas 2006 Limitada- #65
    #11 Torano Perfecto - 5 Vegas 2006 Limitada- #66
    #43 Punch Rare Corojo - Camacho Corojo Monarca- #67
    #9 AF Double Chateau - Camacho Corojo Toro- #68

Any objections or this cool?
    Last edited by Cabaiguan Juan; 09-21-2006 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Numb3rs

no worries - looks cool.

now when are we gonna light up?

everyone - don't forget to post your picks if you haven't done so!

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101 View Post
    no worries - looks cool.

now when are we gonna light up?

everyone - don't forget to post your picks if you haven't done so!
    Thursday is my only good day this week. PM me your thoughts.

Maui and I will be meeting up on thursday to finish this pass.

Can't Wait to see the pics from the regular camera

Thread Information