Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In mourning, a very sad sad day.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

CNB, I feel your pain. In my years, I've seen several beloved pets (cats and dogs) pass on and I still think of them every day.

I was ripped up real bad when I had out 14 YO Irish Setter put down and Dad told me:

We should all be so lucky to be with someone who loves us when we die!
    Rainbow Bridge brings tears to my eyes every time I read it.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Default So sorry . . .

My wife and I are inveterate animal lovers, cats of which we have 8 and dogs of which we have 4. So I know what you are feeling, we have lost a few and gained a few here and there and it is a tough thing to deal with. So I have included below a copy of a poem that may help you in your loss. Take care bro.

Chuck & Maggie

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Default Oops. . .

Guess I was late with that post. . ."somebody" beat me to it. Well my heart was in the right place.

bigpoppapuff Guest

and i'm that "somebody"...lololol....

Sorry to hear about your loss. It's amazing how fast these little guys make a permanant place in your heart, and how long they stay there even after they have passed. I hope you are taking it well, it's sounds like you did a good thing and gave him a great life. You should be proud of that.

My wife and I had a Sheltie that was very special to us. He was hit by a car while we were out of town for a wedding. We never got to say our goodby's. That was very hard on us. To this day I still can't look at a Sheltie without getting watery eyes.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

P.S. Nice poem by BPP, I'll have to save that one.

from the future. here are tonights winning lotto numbers

when I was growing up, we had a long haired miniture Daschund, named 'Pork Chops' Porky, as we called her was in the family before I was born, by about 6 months or so. Porky lived to the ripe old age of 17years 10 months, before passing in her sleep. I was 17 at the time myself, and now im 25. I still cannot get over the loss of our dog. Im tearing up just writing this. I only 2 weeks ago was able to pat another daschund. Yes, its amaising how a pet can make you feel. They become another member of the family in no time at all.
    I feel for your loss. I rreally do. Chin up. You will find a kitty, of a puppy that will take your eye, and you will have to buy him or her in the near future, and show it a warm home.
    Smokey the bear says:.....

Quote Originally Posted by LeojVS View Post
    when I was growing up, we had a long haired miniture Daschund, named 'Pork Chops' Porky, as we called her was in the family before I was born, by about 6 months or so. Porky lived to the ripe old age of 17years 10 months, before passing in her sleep. I was 17 at the time myself, and now im 25. I still cannot get over the loss of our dog. Im tearing up just writing this. I only 2 weeks ago was able to pat another daschund. Yes, its amaising how a pet can make you feel. They become another member of the family in no time at all.
    I feel for your loss. I rreally do. Chin up. You will find a kitty, of a puppy that will take your eye, and you will have to buy him or her in the near future, and show it a warm home.

You're right. I have come across several young cats and kittens in need of a home at my local pet store, as various agencies that rescue animals come by to offer them for adoption. And I get soft and mellow inside when seeing them, knowing that the time is not yet right but I will love another cat like Katmandu someday.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Default I lost my Cat also

I know how you all feel I lost my Cat Yesterday to Lymphoma of the Kidneys he was only 2 yrs old but he brought me and my family great joy in those 2 yrs he was quite the entertainer right up until the end luckily he suffered very little he got sick on Monday and the vet put him outh of his suffering yeterday He will be greatly missed I never thought I would be that crazy about a Cat I have always been a dog person sorry for the rambling just letting you know I too feel your pain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheNakedGun View Post
    I know how you all feel I lost my Cat Yesterday to Lymphoma of the Kidneys he was only 2 yrs old but he brought me and my family great joy in those 2 yrs he was quite the entertainer right up until the end luckily he suffered very little he got sick on Monday and the vet put him outh of his suffering yeterday He will be greatly missed I never thought I would be that crazy about a Cat I have always been a dog person sorry for the rambling just letting you know I too feel your pain
    Sorry to hear about your kitty TNG.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by TheNakedGun View Post
    Yep, I can empathize how you feel. I am more of a cat person, but I have two dogs and I love them as well, just don't connect like I do with cats.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thread Information