Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashton Cabinet series VSG Review

What board are you referring to? I don't know of an Alex that had been banned for any reason from any board. Not only that but I don't have banning rights. Only the site admin does.
    Life is to short to b!tch...Get over it and move on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oblik
    So tell me, how do you know me from LTC? Did I trade with you? No...SFG and "PuroMooch" are terms that only a select few used at LTC.
    Once again you are jumping to conclusions. I know you from LTC because I used to visit the site as a guest when Zac started all the trouble on CigarPass and YOU started abusing friends of mine who used to post there before the site collapsed in on itself.

I've read plenty of your posts on LTC and stogiechat to know how you behave and you haven't changed one bit here which is very unfortuante.

And BTW "PuroMooch" is a term used by MANY, MANY people on CigarPass, CigarWeekly, CigarSnobs, CigarFamily. PuroBrat's reputation preceeds him and he as you have earned it all yourselves.

Your attack on me today is typical of the way you operate, you come in shooting from the hip without all the facts with a nasty and insulting tone in your posts.

Very unfortunate.......

Blog Entries

What board are you referring to? I don't know of an Alex that had been banned for any reason from any board. Not only that but I don't have banning rights. Only the site admin does.
    LMFAO, that is just precious.

LetsTalkCigars Oblik, like you had "no idea"

Gimme a freakin' BREAK

For not hanging aroung LTC very much you sure seem to know ALOT about that board.

I don't like Mo, if you are indeed not him then the comment towards you was mistaken.

Blog Entries

For not hanging aroung LTC very much you sure seem to know ALOT about that board.

I don't like Mo, if you are indeed not him then the comment towards you was mistaken.
    A lot (two words, not one and DO NOT get all pissed at me, just a friendly bit of advice as this is a common mistake made by many people) of people know A LOT about LTC. That site is a running joke among many people on the larger cigar boards and has been quite the topic of conversation among many of us on CigarPass, CigarWeekly, CigarFamily and CigarSnobs.

Who said I don't "hang around LTC very much"? I told you in my previous post, I used to visit the site quite regularly as a guest before it collapsed on itself due to overzealous moderators who were nasty and abusive towards members (that would be you, PuroMooch, Corey, SFG75 and Zac) who would edit, modify and delete posts and ban people for no good reason.

6. Default

Finally, a discussion regarding the Fake Cohibas with the fraud himself. I really like this place and intend on hanging for awhile, that is the only thing good to come of this whole situation.

You demanded on having your fake Cubans back Carlos...prior to making my end right. Like I said privately, why in the World would I send your fake sticks back so you can possibly burn someone else down the line??? To be honest, i was not looking for a replacement over two measly REAL CUBANS...(A Monte2 and Dip2 for the record)...I wanted an admission and apoligy.

You insisted on being a little punk and going back and forth and finally you told me, Sorry it had to be this way...What is a botl to do, let you continue to screw others, heck I wouldn't be able to sleep at night thinking how you might burn someone else. I gave you amny chances, but YOU refused..don't lie to these people, I have the emails...the PROOF.

Anyway, maybe this will make you grow up some and be more responsible. I like to think you are an okay guy, everyone here seems to like you. I suppose none of them have received your fake Cubans yet. If you like, I can post here where you claim to have the best prices on habanos....along with everything else that proved your guilt. But let's drop this...Maybe in time you can prove your a botl and be removed from that nasty list.

I just wish you would have listened to reason and stop trading the counterfeit Cohiba Carlos.

Carlos - you don't know which board I'm referring to? Don't know of an "Alex" who's been banned? You remember, AlexGTP - the one who checked out the Cohiba's you put in the box pass that were fake... and pointed it out to you (in private initially)

I really don't understand Alex being a one time mod on LTC, and then being locked out of the board totally. Doesn't that seems a bit harsh? What did he do? Inquiring minds want to know. It seems to me if someone is banned, they must have done some pretty horrible things (threatening other members with harm, attacking family members, openly flaming the board - such as the "CPFU" pass at LTC, etc.)... Did Alex do any of that? My experience from all of the other boards I'm a member of is you get banned when you cross the line. Speaking your peace doesn't necessarily cross the line, unless it's malicious.

You didn't have banning rights, but you did have input, didn't you? I believe that the bannings at LTC I'm aware of (including Alex's) was a consensus between mods. As a matter of fact, I was banned and never given a reason. My account was locked, and my application for membership was rejected. I often wonder why? I'm a great person, not been trouble, enjoy smoking and discussing cigars, and hate people who take advantage of others (that would be the cop in me) - so what would have warranted me being banned at LTC? You would know - you were in the quorum over there... Was it because those banned or locked out were all "spies" - kind of the same things you seem to think about people here - ganging up and spying on you?

Certainly, someone shouldn't be banned for simply speaking their minds - as unpleasant as it may seem some times. That's how we become a "friendly" board - like true family members there are going to be heated discussions and disagreements, but you don't toss the baby out with the bath water... Healthy discussion and open minds build stronger relationships where hopefully everyone eventually understands each other (like not making spelling errors in front of CoventryCat86 ).
    Last edited by ggiese; 04-21-2005 at 09:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Arrow

I have been in contact with most of the party’s involved in this dispute in private and have asked that this issue be kept out of the forum. Several other members of the community not involved have also contacted me expressing their concerns about the situation. I am now publicly asking for this matter to be dropped.

The trades in question were not facilitated by communication on this forum. The issues between the members being discussed did not happen on this forum. I would appreciate it as would the majority of our members if this topic is kept away from Cigarsmokers.com

I do not like locking threads and I do not want anything deleted unless it violates our policies. I have made it perfectly clear that I want this community to be a friendly place for everyone’s enjoyment.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Miguel
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

That being said, can we all just sit back, light up a favorite smoke and relax?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

10. Default

I hate to start off on the wrong foot, but had to give proper warnings. Everyone is now educated and I agree, time to move on!

Moheganson Guest

Awwww, c'mon Carlos, I don't dislike you, I just don't like the way you bullied me and others over at LTC. You must learn to respect the fact that people have different opinions from you and that you don't know everything (kind of like your insistance that Moheganson and CoventryCat86 are the same person, at least you eventually admitted you were wrong but in your typical fashion, you shoot first then ask questions later, not good my man, not good.....).

I can honestly say that you probably had no idea that your source was selling fakes so I really don't believe you INTENTIONALLY tried to take people for a ride. I have a fair amount of experience with cigars but I'm probably not experienced enough to know real ones from fake ones. There are plenty of other people on the cigar boards who are highly respected whose opinions I trust and when they say a cigar is a fake I believe them.

Once you have a more experience with real Cuban cigars, you'll probably be able to tell the difference too but when someone questions the authenticity of your cigars, don't get all defensive. You probably should have said "My mistake, I thought my source was a good one but obviously they are selling fakes, I will do what I can to recitfy this situation."

That would have made you look a heck of a lot better than how things wound up.

In my eyes, the only people who look bad are you, ggiese, CoventryCat and Dave Razz for following him here and continuing to post useless slander when it is clearly annoying the community! Like Hex said, this has nothing to do with us and the community here at Cigarsmokers.com....

Moheganson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    In my eyes, the only people who look bad are you, ggiese, CoventryCat and Dave Razz for following him here and continuing to post useless slander when it is clearly annoying the community! Like Hex said, this has nothing to do with us and the community here at Cigarsmokers.com....
    Screw you with your "useless slander" comments, you sir are out of line. His behavior on other boards has everything to do with this "community" and your membership should be made aware of how he conducts himself on other boards with regard to trading and how he treats people.

You are the one who looks bad for telling people they "look bad" you need to smarten up.

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    I'm sorry I offended you... But, let me ask you a question. When does what's posted here not become "useless slander"? Would that be when you are burned on a trade? Would it then be right to post about being burned without it being "useless slander"? I think Dave Razz has the right to ask the questions he does. And I believe he is owed answers about his trade. Sorry if it's on this board, but where else should it be? Should it be in private e-mails and PM's? That's already been done and there has been no resolution. And it appears Carlos continues to trade in questionable cigars...

Okay - so it's not pretty. I understand that. No one likes to see conflict and confrontation. Certainly you are fueling the conflict and confrontation with your "useless slander" post. I guess you and I are in the same boat - you defend Oblik, I am not happy with Oblik because of some of his tactics. But, don't we both have nothing to do with his trades? And I can live without being a member of the Island of Misfit Toys (AKA LTC). So what does it matter?

What does matter to me is the very essence of Mogheson's post - Oblik bought some cigars not knowing they were fake, he's been made aware of it, he should be questioning whether they are fake. It appears he's not satisfied with the responses he's getting from others - apparently he trusts his source. That's okay, if Oblik smokes those cigars. But I'm grateful others are pointing out to me his cigars may be questionable, especially if I'm preparing to do a high dollar trade with him. And you should too - unless you really don't know or care what you smoke...

And Hex, I sincerely want to apologize to you for my participation as a newbie disrupting your board. I truly mean that. But, I also want you to know that admire and respect you for your restraint. I know this has been difficult for you - deciding whether to allow this discussion or lock the threads, ban "unruly" new members, delete posts, etc. It takes much more of a person to allow the discussions and let them run the course. Everything I have seen has been VERY civil to this point - even with some of the "baiting" type posts that have come out.

In the true spirit of a "free" forum discussion (as this board is), there will be conflict from time to time. I've seen quite a bit of it in the short time I've been on the boards (most other boards call this "drama"). The beautiful thing of the "drama" is that it dies down in a few days or a week, and everyone goes on to happy discussions. There are been several new members sign up as a result of these discussions, which is not such a bad thing, and I for one, intend to remain as an active positive contributor. Those who dislike me just don't know me yet . I'm truly not a bad person - nor is Dave, CoventryCat or Mo....
    Last edited by ggiese; 04-22-2005 at 01:39 PM.

At first I was very up set at Dave's accusations. That night I thought about things and decided that rather than fighting I would return his Diplomatico (I had smoked the Monte) and send him one more stick of equal value, THIS WAS AT HIS REQUEST. In addition I was going to send him a handful of cigars as an apology for any misunderstanding. THE ONLY REASON I wanted back my Cohibas is because I ENJOY THEM MYSELF, not to "trade them away and screw other people". Dave makes it sound like I do this on a regular basis. I have traded away 5 sticks and two of them weren't even a trade, they were a GIFT TO DAVE FOR CHRISMAS. 2 were then traded to Dave and one was taken in a box pass that I started.

Dave is making it sound like I refused to make things better. The fact is that I was planning square things up. Upon my asking if he would send me back my Cohibas he threw a fit. His next email was screaming at me and calling me all sorts of names. I was one "OK" away from sending Dave his just due.

As far as the banning at LTC goes, Zac was fed up with a lot of things. One night he simply picked up the mouse and began banning anyone who he thought was there to only light fires. There was only 2 people that the mods came to a consensus to ban before then. Neither of these people were Alex or you gg.
    Last edited by Oblik; 04-22-2005 at 03:07 PM.

I just wanted to say that ggiese mentions "defending Oblik"...i really don't think that is the case....but what is the plan here guys....how long do the rest of us have to sit around and read all this crap before this stuff settles?

you say your bringing in new members....great, but the only thing being discussed is counterfeit cohibas...woohoo....that's why i like to come here.

I guess you can just keep on bringing new members in to form the "we hate carlos" discussion board and force the rest of us (original members) who were truly enjoying this board before this arrived here to leave....i don't know.

I am not downplaying the incident... I understand it ruffled some feathers...UNDERSTANDABLY....but how long till the point has been made?

I am also not saying I wish any of you new members to leave. hang around and have a good time, i'm glad to see some new guys with some experience here.

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t494-off...an-cigars.html

All of this pertains to trading of Cohibas....read the above link if you have not yet done so. I believe it petains to this issue as well

Moheganson Guest

At first I was very up set at Dave's accusations. That night I thought about things and decided that rather than fighting I would return his Diplomatico (I had smoked the Monte) and send him one more stick fo equal value,THIS WAS AT HIS REQUEST. In addition I was going to send him a handfull of cigars as an appology for any misunderstanding. THE ONLY REASON I wanted back my Cohibas is because I ENJOY THEM MYSELF, not to "trade them away and screw other people". Dave makes it sound like I do this on a regular basis. I have traded away sticks and two of them wen't even a trade, they were a GIFT TO DAVE FOR CHRISMAS. 2 were then traded to dave and one was taken in a box pass that I started.

Dave is making it sound like I refused to make things better. The fact is that I was planning square things up. Upon my asking if he would send me back my Cohibas he threw a fit. His next email was screaming at me and calling me all sorts of names. I was one "OK" away from sending dave his just due.

As far as the banning at LTC goes, Zac was fed up with a lot of things. One night he simply picked up the mouse and began banning anyone who he thought was there to only light fires. There was only 2 people that the mods came to a consensus to ban befor then. Neiter of thes people were alex or you gg.
    Funny how your version of the story is in direct conflict with the facts. The entire email exchange between you and Dave is posted at CigarFamily. Click on the following to read all about it:

Cigar Family thread

Oblik, when are you going to learn to tell the WHOLE truth?

Oh and thanks for providing evidence that Zac is obviously not cut out to run an on-line BB. No wonder it failed in the short span of two months thanks in part to your ignorance and shortcomings (such as your inability to deal with minor conflicts without flying off the handle and losing your temper and resorting to namecalling).
    Last edited by Moheganson; 04-22-2005 at 03:18 PM.

[QUOTE=ggiese]I'm sorry I offended you... But, let me ask you a question. When does what's posted here not become "useless slander"? Would that be when you are burned on a trade? Would it then be right to post about being burned without it being "useless slander"? I think Dave Razz has the right to ask the questions he does. And I believe he is owed answers about his trade. Sorry if it's on this board, but where else should it be? Should it be in private e-mails and PM's? That's already been done and there has been no resolution. And it appears Carlos continues to trade in questionable cigars...

One post warning us of Oblik and the experience you had trading with him would not be useless slander. Bringing 5 or so buddys onto this board to correct his grammar and continue to disrupt his posts is "useless slander"......

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Roham]
    Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    I'm sorry I offended you... But, let me ask you a question. When does what's posted here not become "useless slander"? Would that be when you are burned on a trade? Would it then be right to post about being burned without it being "useless slander"? I think Dave Razz has the right to ask the questions he does. And I believe he is owed answers about his trade. Sorry if it's on this board, but where else should it be? Should it be in private e-mails and PM's? That's already been done and there has been no resolution. And it appears Carlos continues to trade in questionable cigars...

One post warning us of Oblik and the experience you had trading with him would not be useless slander. Bringing 5 or so buddys onto this board to correct his grammar and continue to disrupt his posts is "useless slander"......
    Speaking of "useless slander" roham you are more guilty of that than anyone here with your last BS post.

Exactly WHO "brought 5 or so buddys(sic)" (BTW "sic" means that I'm quoting you knowing you made a spelling error, it's "buddies") onto this board? Me, ggiese, alex WHO exactly are you talking about? Nobody "brought" anyone here. You shoot from the hip just like Oblik jumping to conclusions with no basis in fact.

That is slander pure and simple.

You sir are 100% guilty of posting "useless slander" and you should apologize to the enitre community.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-22-2005 at 07:36 PM.

20. Default

At first I was very up set at Dave's accusations. That night I thought about things and decided that rather than fighting I would return his Diplomatico (I had smoked the Monte) and send him one more stick of equal value, THIS WAS AT HIS REQUEST. In addition I was going to send him a handful of cigars as an apology for any misunderstanding. THE ONLY REASON I wanted back my Cohibas is because I ENJOY THEM MYSELF, not to "trade them away and screw other people". Dave makes it sound like I do this on a regular basis. I have traded away 5 sticks and two of them weren't even a trade, they were a GIFT TO DAVE FOR CHRISMAS. 2 were then traded to Dave and one was taken in a box pass that I started.

Dave is making it sound like I refused to make things better. The fact is that I was planning square things up. Upon my asking if he would send me back my Cohibas he threw a fit. His next email was screaming at me and calling me all sorts of names. I was one "OK" away from sending Dave his just due.

As far as the banning at LTC goes, Zac was fed up with a lot of things. One night he simply picked up the mouse and began banning anyone who he thought was there to only light fires. There was only 2 people that the mods came to a consensus to ban before then. Neither of these people were Alex or you gg.
    FACT IS CARLOS....YOU TRADED FAKE CUBANS!!!!!!!!PERIOD!! At least your are admitting this now..musch more than you did with me privately!!!!1

Thread Information