TI is the only mfg of DLP chips because, well, we invented it I bought a 46" Samsung several years ago through a work discount purchase plan (TI employee if you haven't already caught that hint) and I absolutely love it. Yes, it is comprised of millions of tiny mirrors that are constantly moving to give you the different colors for each pixel by reflecting a white light that is coming through a revolving color wheel (timing must be a real biotch!), but the movement is extremely tiny and lifetime expectations are ~20 years according to some documents I just Googled up. How many dead pixels or lines have you seen on LCD screens The sharpness of my 720p unit is amazing. I can't imagine how nice the new 1080p units are. This is the main tv of my home of 4 tv-aholics so it's racked up a ton service hours without a hitch. I'm still on the original bulb (only expected maintenance part) and I've never seen a rainbow, but that is supposed to be something to do with the viewers eyes so you'll either see it or you won't. I do notice a wierd shimmering of flesh tones on occasion if the lighting of the scene and video source are just right, but my wife can't see it. There is an occasional high pitched humming coming from the unit when you first turn it on that is either the color wheel motor or just an artifact of the high intensity bulb heating up. I have no idea which it is but it quits within 5 minutes on the rare occasion that it happens. There are no unusual lighting limitations of the room like a typical old school rear projection screen and the x-axis viewing angle is larger than any rear projection I've had a chance to compare to. The y-axis is more limited than the x-axis but it's completely viewable between the ranges of sitting on the floor and standing. Is it as nice as Plasma? No, but it's also way cheaper. LCD? Depends on the models you're comparing. Even if I weren't an employee I would consider DLP the best bang for the buck option out there.

I'll shut up now and let you get back to your regularly scheduled program