Thread: Bush and the environment

Blog Entries

Default Bush and the environment

http://www.nrdc.org/legislation/rollbacks/rr2005.pdf

and the League of Conservative Voters gave him an "F" on the environment:
    http://www.lcv.org/scorecard/index.html
    Last edited by designwise1; 10-29-2006 at 04:23 PM.
    --Gerald

Blog Entries

That report is written by an organization (the NRDC) that has always had a reputation as being extremely far to the left so I don't put much faith in anything they have to say.

The League of Conservation Voters falls into that same category as well.

The extreme environmentalists can be a dangerous bunch.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

3. Default

When the Long Island Sound is lapping at, say, Marlborough, let me know what you think of our current energy policies.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    That report is written by an organization (the NRDC) that has always had a reputation as being extremely far to the left so I don't put much faith in anything they have to say.

The League of Conservation Voters falls into that same category as well.

The extreme environmentalists can be a dangerous bunch.
    Good point CC.

So, conversely, any position taken by the extreme right wingers can also be summarily rejected.

Ergo, everything the present admin. has done over the last 6 years should be reversed immediately.

That's just absolutely genius CC.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post
    Good point CC.

So, conversely, any position taken by the extreme right wingers can also be summarily rejected.

Ergo, everything the present admin. has done over the last 6 years should be reversed immediately.

Yes, Barry - I, myself, personally would be extremely suspicious of any polls or data coming from the far right. And I have a funny feeling you're suspicious as well...

Ya know - there are three "truths" in every political truth - there's what the left says, what the right says and the ACTUAL truth, which lies somewhere in between...

Now as far as reversing everything the present administration has done over the last 6 years.... I don't understand what that would have to do with any poll concerning the environment... Are you suggesting that somewhere there are dots which connect between a largely liberal group giving poor grades to the present administration for its environmental policies and the smoking gun which leads to ALL of the current administrations policies being deficient??

Never mind... I know what your answer to that question will be...

Blog Entries

I suppose all 6000 scientists are liberals?

Just as all "creationists" are conservative anti-scientists that approve of polluting our water and clear-cutting our forests?

This president should not be the only one to have ever received an "F" but it IS the grade he deserves. Only a fool would argue otherwise.
    --Gerald

Statistics are interesting critters... I once attended a class where the professor statistically proved that mash potatoes causes insane behavior. I think statistics have to be taken with a grain of salt... Certainly 6,000 scientists, crossing the entire political spectrum, will report their findings, and some group or entity will interpret those findings. It's how those findings are interpreted, and not what the individual scientists reported that ultimately hits the papers...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post
    Good point CC.

I thought you had me on "ignore?"

You are correct Barry, there are extreme right wing organizations that put out similar reports and give candidates "grades" according to their political agendas and I feel those should be summarily rejected as well.

I don't think everything the present administration has done over the last six years should be reversed but there are some things they've done that I don't agree with. The first two that come to mind are "No Child Left Behind" and the "Help America Vote Act." You and I could have fun ripping those because we'd probably agree more than we disagree in those areas.

Regarding the environment, I don't find any major objections with Bush's policies over the last six years. If anything, they didn't go far enough to make what I think are necessary changes to the Clean Water Act and the Clean Air Act in particular the Clean Air Act Ammendments of 1990.

You lost me with your logic so I don't know what you mean by "absolutely genius."
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by designwise1 View Post
    I suppose all 6000 scientists are liberals?

Just as all "creationists" are conservative anti-scientists that approve of polluting our water and clear-cutting our forests?

This president should not be the only one to have ever received an "F" but it IS the grade he deserves. Only a fool would argue otherwise.
    Answers to your questions in order:
    1. No.
    2. ALL creationists are not conservative. It depends on what your definition of "polluting our water" is and clear-cutting our forests isn't always a bad thing.
    3. You may think he deserves an "F" but not everyone else does and just because someone's opinion differs from yours does not make them a "fool."
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

I thought you had me on "ignore?"
    I got bored.

I don't think everything the present administration has done over the last six years should be reversed but there are some things they've done that I don't agree with. The first two that come to mind are "No Child Left Behind" and the "Help America Vote Act." You and I could have fun ripping those because we'd probably agree more than we disagree in those areas.
    We probably would agree on most of that.

Regarding the environment, I don't find any major objections with Bush's policies over the last six years. If anything, they didn't go far enough to make what I think are necessary changes to the Clean Water Act and the Clean Air Act in particular the Clean Air Act Ammendments of 1990.
    I doubt we could find any common ground here.

You lost me with your logic so I don't know what you mean by "absolutely genius."
    I meant absolutely genius in that you have found the perfect way to judge the soundness of all political ideas. If it's based on left-wing liberal ideas, it must be wrong, and conversely, if it's based on right-wing, it must also be wrong. So, all political ideas are wrong. I just love it when a plan works out so well.

Thread Information