Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from the frozen north

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Welcome from Toronto, the Centre of Canada !!!

Wow, 7 Canucks saying hello... think we can get the other few to say hi and I think we'll have a record!!!

-W.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by corona lover View Post
    Greetings From Toronto!

I've been lurking a few months trying to get a feel for this board and to try to vacuum up as much cigar knowledge as I can cram into my head. I don't smoke cigarettes, but I did have my first cigar in October at bachelor party I attended... a Cohiba... either a Siglio III or Siglio IV. I didn't know anything about cigars at the time but the best man was handing them out. I couldn't get that experience out my head ever since. I just got my first humidor this month and set it up according to the Herfers Guide to Setting Up A Humidor. It worked like a charm. Now I'm just in the process of filling my humidor with stuff I want to try. So far I've only had a couple of Cohibas (either III or IV), a Montecristo No. 4, and a few RyJ No. 1 Tubos. Damn shame about our new draconian smoking laws in the province though. I almost feel like I've missed the party.

Cheers,
    Corona Lover

P.S. What's a Herf/Herfer? Is it a short form or acronym for something?
    Heya Corona Lover,

Welcome to the boards as well, start up a thread and tell us a bit more about you! (Like Where in Toronto?)

A Herf is when a bunch of BOTLS get together and trade cigars, smoke em, drink, eat and shoot the shit. The Search function is great on the boards to you can use it to find out what BOTL means if you don't know already

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    ahahahahahahahaha. ROTFL. Shit dude, it took you 3 days to catch that one.

-W.

So what's a Brother Of The Leaf to do if he lives in Ontario? Freeze in -30 C weather when lighting up? How's the herf-ing (can that word be used as a verb?) supposed to work when you can't smoke in any public indoor place?

CL

Welcome from cool and sunny TX

Quote Originally Posted by corona lover View Post
    So what's a Brother Of The Leaf to do if he lives in Ontario? Freeze in -30 C weather when lighting up? How's the herf-ing (can that word be used as a verb?) supposed to work when you can't smoke in any public indoor place?

CL
    Where you at in Toronto exactly? I personally smoke in my "Cigar Loft". A loft area above the garage. As for HERFing in General is usually held at someone's place. BBQs are popular occasions for a HERF.

-W.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Where you at in Toronto exactly? I personally smoke in my "Cigar Loft". A loft area above the garage. As for HERFing in General is usually held at someone's place. BBQs are popular occasions for a HERF.

-W.

I live just north of the city in Markham, but I take the GO train to work downtown everyday. Damn I can't wait for spring. I'm freezing my ass off standing in my backyard at night in this weather.

CL

Thread Information