View Poll Results: How many of you are tired of seeing CC blast SGF75 on nearly every post?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I am sick of it

15 45.45%
  • No I want to see more

11 33.33%
  • Dont really care

7 21.21%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll how many of you are tired of seeing CC blast SGF75 on every post

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Oh, that's funny, SFG ... Labmonkey IS on the Island... So is Roham...
    that has nothing to do with all of this for me....george, you know I've felt this way since long before scott ever came here, and I never joined LTC until after it crashed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    Speaking his mind is one thing but personal attacks and namecalling is quite another. Coventry has appointed himself as the main Character Witness here at cigarsmokers and it seems that as new members join HE decides wether or not they are worthy members based on HIS experience with them on other boards.Now I am not saying that if he has had a bad experience with someone he should not make it known...and I have made that clear before. But after he does make this known he proceeds to harass, namecall, and generally try his best to tear the member in question down in as many posts as possible, regardless of the content or context. This is above and beyond what is necessary, and is the behavior that is ONCE AGAIN called into question.

We had a member join recently who has yet to even post a SINGLE MESSAGE, and Coventry has already torn him down in several posts. (Purobrat)

And no I don't care what the reason behind it is....in my eyes it is uncalled for.

And I feel that taking part in this thread and asking for this kind of abusive behavior to STOP cannot be compared as being "just as disruptive"....I think the main gist of these attempts is for the disruptive behavior to CEASE!

I am not attacking Coventry as a person, I am saying that his behavior as a member on this board is unacceptable in my opinion. He is a knowledgable BOTL, and I respect him for that. Humorous jibes and joking is one thing, but his comments after stating the initial facts in these cases we are speaking of are out of spite, anger, and based on grudges.
    Labmoney, whether or not PuroBrat has made a post or not is completely irrelevant to the fact that he like Scotty, has made his onw bed on other sites and many people think very little of him.

The part of your post that I marked in bold is absoultely ridiculous on your part and you too are only making yourself look foolish when you post stupidity like that. You whine about me making "attacks" yet you IN THE SAME POST attack me. I won't cry about it but you like Scotty only reap what you sow and my opinion of you is only going further and further down the toilet. I see you're already acting like a jerkoff on the Island of the Misfit Toys. Come to think of it, that may just be the place for you

Again, you whine about "unacceptable behavior" then turn around and engage in it yourself. This is not the first time you've done this. You really need to look at how you behave and interact on boards like this because trust me, you're not doing yourself any favors when you post nonsense like this.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 05-19-2005 at 11:07 AM.

SFG75 Guest

Speaking his mind is one thing but personal attacks and namecalling is quite another.. . . But after he does make this known he proceeds to harass, namecall, and generally try his best to tear the member in question down in as many posts as possible, regardless of the content or context. This is above and beyond what is necessary, and is the behavior that is ONCE AGAIN called into question.

I feel that taking part in this thread and asking for this kind of abusive behavior to STOP cannot be compared as being "just as disruptive"....I think the main gist of these attempts is for the disruptive behavior to CEASE!
    Now that isn't true!!. Look at cc's calm and composed responses to me!.

Various Quotes from CC towards me)
    Quote:
    You are so full of shit it isn't even funny.
    Quote:
    You are such an asshole.......
    Quote:
    you are one of the biggest pieces of trash to ever post on an internet BB.
    Quote:
    Scotty, you are nothing more than a piece of shit
    Quote:
    you act like your arrogant asshole self
    Quote:
    "Case closed" LMFAO no, no assholeboy,
    Quote:
    you only prove my case to everyone else here that you are nothing but a complete asshole
    Quote:
    I know you well enough to say with certainty that you are a useless POS
    Quote:
    you are only proving to everyone here to be the true asshole that I maintain you are
    Quote:
    I'm not switching the topic you asshole
    Quote:
    Can everyone see why this asshole was a complete failure as a moderator
    Do you retract your argument now labmonkey?

At first, I did take offense to this stuff, but now I can't help but laughing my ass off.

Hex is right, the comedic value is more than worth it.

SFG75 Guest

Anyone doubt that Bill thinks I'm an asshole?

Speaking his mind is one thing but personal attacks and namecalling is quite another. Coventry has appointed himself as the main Character Witness here at cigarsmokers and it seems that as new members join HE decides wether or not they are worthy members based on HIS experience with them on other boards.

Now I am not saying that if he has had a bad experience with someone he should not make it known...and I have made that clear before. But after he does make this known he proceeds to harass, namecall, and generally try his best to tear the member in question down in as many posts as possible, regardless of the content or context. This is above and beyond what is necessary, and is the behavior that is ONCE AGAIN called into question.

We had a member join recently who has yet to even post a SINGLE MESSAGE, and Coventry has already torn him down in several posts. (Purobrat)

And no I don't care what the reason behind it is....in my eyes it is uncalled for.

And I feel that taking part in this thread and asking for this kind of abusive behavior to STOP cannot be compared as being "just as disruptive"....I think the main gist of these attempts is for the disruptive behavior to CEASE!

I am not attacking Coventry as a person, I am saying that his behavior as a member on this board is unacceptable in my opinion. He is a knowledgable BOTL, and I respect him for that. Humorous jibes and joking is one thing, but his comments after stating the initial facts in these cases we are speaking of are out of spite, anger, and based on grudges.
    i see your point. i just disagree. CC doesn't have to go as far as he does to 'knock down' posters; but he does. if you thinks he think of himself as our official character witness; maybe he does. but each of us can do what we want with the information he gives us. we can take all of it to heart, or we can form our own opinions. no one has to agree with him. or even read his post. if you find his knowledge valuable, take it. if you don't, ignore him. if you find half of it valuable and not the other half, then its up to you to pick through it. he is what he is. he shouldn't have to modify the half of his personality some find offensive.
    Last edited by Drake; 05-19-2005 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    i see your point. i just disagree. CC doesn't have to go as far as he does to 'knock down' posters; but he does. if you thinks he think of himself as our official character witness; maybe he does. but each of us can do what we want with the information he gives us. we can take all of it to heart, or we can form our own opinions. no one has to agree with him. or even read his post. if you find his knowledge valuable, take it. if you don't, ignore him. if you find half of it valuable and not the other half, then its up to you to pick through it. he is what he is. he shouldn't have to modify the half of his personality some find offensive.
    I think it is common courtesty and respect to act one way, not the other. It is not an altering of personality. Especially when half the board has voiced their dislike of it.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Labmonkey - you must have missed this post over in the Torano thread... Please let me quote it for you...

My original post:
    I'm confused, SFG - which cigar were you reviewing??? Also, you might want to consider that maybe you got a lot of "that's nice" views, without any response.

But CC makes a great point - you probably should be a little more specific in your description in that you knew (or SHOULD HAVE KNOWN - right jaewing) that there would be confusion, considering the lines are so closely linked (the bands and the viotlas are nearly identical)...

SFG's reply post
    Yes George, you are ultimately an unbiased source in this dispute. No, I shouldn't have been more specific. Everyone knew what I was talking about and no one said they thought I was talking about the silver. There is no confusion here, nor is anyone trying to solve it genuinely. This is just one more little dig aimed at me on the part of someone else purely for the sake of it. If anyone doubts that, they haven't been paying attention to this board for very long.

My reply:
    Scotty - Get off your high horse, there Tonto... I think you're WAY out of line when you jumped on me for being in this thread because I'm backing up my fellow CP and CS friend CC. You, sir, ARE WRONG - PERIOD...

Puff did a review of a Torano 1959 Robusto... You'll never guess how he entitled the thread...

Quote:
    Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Toro Goldline

I would have titled it Gold or Silver line...

My association with any other member of this or any other board does not change my opinion - you should have identified it as gold or silver - PERIOD.

Just eat your crow and move on... Jeeeezzzzzz.....
    SFG's post:
    Your relationship to cc does matter, it proves that you are biased and that your opinion is heavily swayed by your association with him. You'd be saying the same thing if PB and Zac came over here and had my back in this argument. You are arguing against people who have no clue about me and who have independently made up their own minds on this thread. They haven't associated with me on other boards, thus, they are truly independent people in this dispute. I suppose you and bk could go ahead and vote in this one-but it would really not be an accurate depiction of how things truly are. For as you are members here, you are not unbiased members here.
    My response:
    Well, now this is interesting...

I truly WAS on the fence about who you were, Scotty... I saw the stuff going on over at CP - hardly knew you and was wondering what was going on. You seemed to be a pretty stand up guy to me - until I started seeing your bi-polar posts... Especially when you went after Rod - which is kinda like going after Hex... Rod is a pretty tolerant and laid-back site admin. I said, "Wow! What the heck was THAT!!!" Then you run to the Island - "I'll straghten this place out" - Shut down decent BOTL's - create an atmosphere of suspicion - Ban good people - issue "strikes" like some kind of home plate umpire... and build the Iron Curtain...

Then you get medieval on me with your latest post.... Trying to draw lines and make this a forum wide - choose sides kind of thread... Seems you have a bit of an anger management (and ego) problem, there - Scotty... What's next - you gonna try and become a Mod and start shutting things down here??? After all, there are "Bad" people here (like CC)

I know and chat with CC here and on other boards, true. I know and chat with others as well. I guess that makes me bad, doesn't it. BK is a nice person - I enjoy chatting with him - You would too if you knew him for who he was, not who you "think" he is - what did BK to incur your wrath. Where is the conspiracy, Scotty. Is BK another Leebo and CC robot, like me??? You gonna bring PB and Zac over to "back you up"? What the heck do you think this is - the wild, wild west??? Oh, yeah - Tombstone, AZ - right, "Sheriff" Scotty??? Where's your Tombstone avatar now...

Look at yourself in the mirror... Arguing with CC over a silver vs. gold label? Becoming venomous in your posts over telling us you didn't make a mistake about not telling us it was a gold or a silver label... What does it truly matter? How about a and call it a day

Boy, if this doesn't show your true colors, I don't know what does...
    That wasn't posted because I was "backing up" CC - it was posted because I posted my opinion concerning the gold vs. silver label issue, and Scotty got medeival on me because I DARED to disagree with his ego (not his idea, his insistance he was NOT WRONG).

Maybe I'm crazy here, but if it were you LabMonkey, or Roham, or CC even, I would have thought that if someone were confused about whether it was a gold or silver label, and members are expressing that confusion - your simple solution would have been to say "I'm sorry - I'll make that clearer in the future" and the thread it OVER. Not Scotty. This is the EXACT reason he ruffled feathers and was eventually banned at CigarPass. And he repeats his behavior here. That's EXACTLY CC's point...
    Last edited by ggiese; 05-19-2005 at 11:22 AM.

Oh, that's funny, SFG ... Labmonkey IS on the Island... So is Roham...

That's unfair. The ONLY reason I joined LTC is because I read on this board that CC is banned from posting there. Seemed like a good place to me
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    That's unfair. The ONLY reason I joined LTC is because I read on this board that CC is banned from posting there. Seemed like a good place to me

Good for you - enjoy yourself... It's the right place for you!!!

i'm there, too. but for no particular reason other than to talk about cigars and whatever else might be brought up. its a bit slow there. hardly anyone posts.
    Last edited by Drake; 05-19-2005 at 11:32 AM.

i'm there, too. but for no inparticular reason other than to talk about cigars and whatever else might be brought up. its a bit slow there. hardly anyone posts.

It's not as good of a board as here. Maybe it is the lack of CC??

i'm there, too. but for no inparticular reason other than to talk about cigars and whatever else might be brought up. its a bit slow there. hardly anyone posts.
    I certainly don't go there to discuss CC. Just cigar's and other such stuff.

I think it is common courtesty and respect to act one way, not the other. It is not an altering of personality. Especially when half the board has voiced their dislike of it.
    Drakes analysis of the situation is EXACTLY right. If you don't like what ANYONE is saying on this board, you have an ignore button if it bothers you so much. You clearly don't understand the implications of your thought process. "Supress the ideas and it will be a nice place." Think again... Supress the ideas and it will build resentment - people will chose not to participate and to move on. I truly believe that debate sparks interest. Obviously we can't debate all the time, but debate is ESSENTIAL for a healthy discussion board.

As you point out - you can go to the Island and participate over there. That's a great place for your type, Roham. I'm sure you will enjoy the fact that there is no fighting. But, let me forewarn you, don't disagree with any of the senior members, the mods or the admin over there - no matter how trivial, or you'll end up being banned as well. If you're willing to walk into the situation knowing that, enjoy your utopia...

I didn't see you registering or participating at CP? Was there a specific reason for that? Was it maybe because there is open debate allowed there as well?

Blog Entries

It's not as good of a board as here. Maybe it is the lack of CC??

LMAO, c'mon roham where can you get free entertainment like this huh?

Actually I don't think I'm banned over at LTC. I signed up as a member apparently shortly after they went back to a public board after their private site blew up. I never received my confirmation email, must have been a computer glitch or something

That's okay though, I wouldn't want to post over there anyway even though the conspiracy theory nutballs like PuroMooch and Scotty swear up and down that four or five members over there are me posting under another screen name.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 05-19-2005 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    LMAO, c'mon roham where can you get free entertainment like this huh?

Actually I don't think I'm banned over at LTC. I signed up as a member apparently shortly after they went back to a public board after their privat site blew up. I never received my confirmation email, must have been a computer glitch or something

That's okay though, I wouldn't want to post over there anyway even though the conspiracy theory nutballs like PuroMooch and Scotty swear up and down that four or five members over there are me posting under another screen name.
    you sly dog, you

i'm there, too. but for no particular reason other than to talk about cigars and whatever else might be brought up. its a bit slow there. hardly anyone posts.

You gotta be careful what you post over there, Drake - as a matter of fact, be careful what you post over here and at CP as well... You may end up being banned there... That's why it's slow.... Unless you've got something nice to say, you can't post at the Island.

Roham enjoys that...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    Anyone doubt that Bill thinks I'm an asshole?
    Yep, I think I've made that perfectly clear

If the shoe fits.......

I didn't see you registering or participating at CP? Was there a specific reason for that? Was it maybe because there is open debate allowed there as well?
    I hardly have time to keep up with this board

SFG75 Guest

LOL-TFF!!,

I must log off, you guys are just killing me.

You gotta be careful what you post over there, Drake - as a matter of fact, be careful what you post over here and at CP as well... You may end up being banned there... That's why it's slow.... Unless you've got something nice to say, you can't post at the Island.

Roham enjoys that...

Why the @#$% are you making jabs at me? I haven't said jack to you to bring you into this argument.... You are funny George Not fair, just funny...

Thread Information