View Poll Results: Did you know what SFG75 was talking about?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I knew that SFG75's review was on the Gold line.

7 35.00%
  • No, I thought it was on the Silver line.

0 0%
  • I had no idea which he was talking about.

7 35.00%
  • I don't care which he was talking about.

6 30.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you know if it was Gold or Silver?

Default Did you know if it was Gold or Silver?

Sorry guys, had to do it

sort of. yes and no

Blog Entries

You missing the "The gold series does not really exist, the exodus 1959's are commonly mislabeled as such" option

:-)
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

I had no idea and i think this is just another reason for certain members to argue based on past grudges rather than the real issue at hand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    I had no idea and i think this is just another reason for certain members to argue based on past grudges rather than the real issue at hand.
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.................. ............................

Then why did you vote for option #4? If you voted that you don't care, why did you post that you didn't know?

6. Default

I voted I did not care. Why...Because I don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    I voted I did not care. Why...Because I don't.
    You SNOB you Sarge only likes stinky old Havanas, these inexpensive domestics aren't worth his time worrying about

After going back and reading the review, I have to say I had no idea which line he was talking about. IMO I feel if you are going to post a review about a certain cigar you need to be very specific about the "line" you are reviewing. As a newbie myself, I would never had known whether you were referring to the Silver or the Gold. If you check on Cigar International, they refer to both the Gold line and the Silver line as having Torpedo's............. Gotta give this one to CCat

I'm in agreement with BK and CC (and I'm not ganging up, monkey) - if you're going to post a review about a cigar, please tell us what it is your reviewing. Why go through all the trouble without properly identifying what it was you smoked. I like Torano's - they're a nice cigar - for my tastes, though, I wouldn't say EVERY Torano is a nice cigar...

Just because you smoked a Montecristo #2 and really enjoyed it doesn't do it for me. Was that a Montecristo #2 ISOM, or a Montecristo #2 Dominican? And if it was a Dominican, was it a White label, Platinum, etc.?

It's kinda like saying you really liked that Jaguar sports car you drove the other day and really liked... Which Jaguar was it? Certainly it was a Jaguar, and it was a sports car. Don't just assume I know what you're talking about...

You get my drift...

George,

Your right that we should be detailed about which cigar. But if you go to Torano web site and look up Exodus 1959 they do no refer to Gold label. If you state Exodus 1959 Robusto GOLD you are referring to a non existent Cigar. By the manufacturers own web site it should just be Exodus 1959 Robusto which just happens to have a gold in the label. Black would be a better description if you look at the two boxes labels. Now the silver is a different matter. They state Silver in the description and the label on the cigar and box is almost all silver. Calling it gold was an add on by others to distinguish the two apart.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.................. ............................

Then why did you vote for option #4? If you voted that you don't care, why did you post that you didn't know?
    I'm not crying I'm stating an opinion. to reconcile the voting discrepancy, I state for the record...don't know...don't care...the drama drowned out whatever usefulness was contained in the thread to begin with..........

this to me falls once again into the realm of "got the point....move on...."

once again, my opinion.....no doubt an unpopular one with you and george...so please don't point out what an a$$hole I am for saying so....we have been through it all before.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch
    George,

Your right that we should be detailed about which cigar. But if you go to Torano web site and look up Exodus 1959 they do no refer to Gold label. If you state Exodus 1959 Robusto GOLD you are referring to a non existent Cigar. By the manufacturers own web site it should just be Exodus 1959 Robusto which just happens to have a gold in the label. Black would be a better description if you look at the two boxes labels. Now the silver is a different matter. They state Silver in the description and the label on the cigar and box is almost all silver. Calling it gold was an add on by others to distinguish the two apart.
    who cares what the site says?......not all of us have gone to every brand's website and studied all the names. adding to the review would only have helped. I know its not wrong to not include it, but it is definitely not wrong TO include it. i only know of the gold because that's all i've noticed. at lunch, i went to spec's and checked it out. there's silver and gold. lets say i read this review and thought 'hmmm, i'm going to go try one of these.' i get to the shop and there's two different kinds. and i think 'damn, i wish i knew which he was talking about because i don't know the difference.' its not that big of a deal, but there's no reason not to include it. most of us here are fairly new to cigars. and if people (such as you obviously did) have to go look up whether its right or not, then there's obiviously doubt as to how right you are were, therefore a full description of the cigar would've been a helpfull addition to the review.

There is no Torano Exodus 1959 Gold. Only the Exodus 1959 and the Exodus 1959 Silver. There's nothing confusing about it. Then, I'd guess since I smoke Toranos it was clear to me, but maybe those of you who aren't familiar with them might be confused.

I'm just playing devils advocate and having a little fun. To be honest now, I now know if someone said Torano Exodus 1959 Robusto or Torano Exodus 1959 Robusto Gold I would know he is referring to the same cigar. And to those that I picked on like CC & GG I'll admit that either one has forgotten more on cigars than I know at the moment and I would be glad to take there advice on cigars. I pick on people I like and I can take just as good as I give.

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    There is no Torano Exodus 1959 Gold. Only the Exodus 1959 and the Exodus 1959 Silver. There's nothing confusing about it.
    Exactly. If I'm wrong, then the Toranos don't know how to name their cigars. Don't take it from me, check it out for yourselves.
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...=3924#post3924

See the word "gold" anywhere?

Blog Entries

There is no Torano Exodus 1959 Gold. Only the Exodus 1959 and the Exodus 1959 Silver. There's nothing confusing about it. Then, I'd guess since I smoke Toranos it was clear to me, but maybe those of you who aren't familiar with them might be confused.
    Ah once again great point BUT that's only because you already knew ahead of time, just like my Jaguar examples.

Oh and Scotty, you are just SOOOOOOOO clever and so proud of yourself, aren't you? Once again, MANY people who are not as "informed" as you and Hex would have benefited if you had just said "Gold" in the first place.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 05-17-2005 at 04:36 PM.

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Ah once again great point BUT that's only because you already knew ahead of time, just like my Jaguar examples.
    Pure apples and oranges. Cars have nothing to do with this. The Torano's have named the cigars in question as the- (a)Exodus 1959; and (b) Exodus 1959 silver edition. Evidently the Torano family feels that it isn't that confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    Exactly. If I'm wrong, then the Toranos don't know how to name their cigars. Don't take it from me, check it out for yourselves.
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...=3924#post3924

See the word "gold" anywhere?
    Maybe then you should have put "the one with the gold band". I thought the whole idea about posting a review was to inform other BOTLs of a good or bad experience with a cigar. Being a newbie myself to the whole cigar lingo, it did confuse me also after i saw the poll and read your post. Just admit that it is possible that it could have been confusing and let's move on to the next topic.

BTW...... Cigar International refers to it as "Exodus 1959 Gold".... read the description..... HERE

and also in their description of the Silver....HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    Maybe then you should have put "the one with the gold band". I thought the whole idea about posting a review was to inform other BOTLs of a good or bad experience with a cigar. Being a newbie myself to the whole cigar lingo, it did confuse me also after i saw the poll and read your post. Just admit that it is possible that it could have been confusing and let's move on to the next topic.

BTW...... Cigar International refers to it as "Exodus 1959 Gold".... read the description..... HERE

and also in their description of the Silver....HERE
    I dropped Cigar International an email suggesting they correct their mistake.

I dropped Cigar International an email suggesting they correct their mistake.

I don't believe they made a mistake..... they are just making a clear difference between the 2 cigars.

Thread Information