Thread: An unexpected gift.....

Default An unexpected gift.....

a few weeks back, I went to the local B&M to grab a pack of cigarettes. They had a particular hat that I had been wanting, but at that moment in time, a cheap pack of smokes was all I had the cash for. Now, I've shopped up there for about as long as I can remember, and I'm actually the one they talk to about assorted cigars. I figured the hat would either get sold, or I'd have to wait to get it.

The lady who owns the place looked at the girl behind the counter, and told her to give it to me, as I'd shown interest unlike anyone else who had been in that store. I asked the owner what I owed her for it as I was trying to figure out when I could get her squared up. Her response? "Buy, and smoke, more of my cigars."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6048.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	2367Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6049.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	2368
    Next time I see her I'll have to tell her I'm working on it. :)

garryyjr Guest

I like when, any store for that matter, recognizes their costumer as a loyal one and shots them a freebie every once in a while.

Really says a lot about a business, I feel.

3. Default

nice

Quote Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post
    I like when, any store for that matter, recognizes their costumer as a loyal one and shots them a freebie every once in a while.

Really says a lot about a business, I feel.
    I agree with you. Those ladies are good to me, and I try and be good to them. That hat, being a BOTL, just made me grin from ear to ear. And it's comfy!
    If more business actually took care of their customers instead of worry about the overall bottom line, I'd be more likely to shop more places!

I like to see that too! B&M's are given that stuff for free. They can choose to do what they will but I really like it when a shop will throw you a bone here and there. They dont realize how much it makes you love the place even more.

Very true. The ladies up at the B&M tend to throw me Cigar Magazines, the occasional box ($5 Oliva box for free), wood matches for cigars, and a ration of shit, but that ration of shit is one of the primary reasons I shop there. But if most retailers threw the occasional "I like you" goodie out there, it would do wonders for repeat business. I've done mad retail in my life, and a customer is a ton more likely to come back if you do them a kindness. Hell, when I was working for Amazon I paid for shipping on one order for a customer, the next day he bought a $10k Rolex.
    I gotta run the card, and burning $10k in less than 180 seconds is a rush let me tell ya!
    But a little kindness to a customer here and there goes a long way. Now if I could just get those ladies to stop carrying ACIDs. I keep telling 'em Acid should be eaten, not smoked. Thankfully they understand the joke.

garryyjr Guest

Default Re: An unexpected gift.....

I drive across two cities because of costumer service. Nicer, friendly women work at that one turn the closer one.

I don't do to much shopping there, as the selection... Is.... Decent. More of a cigarette shop.. But none the less, better business.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nice story and sweet new lid.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Thread Information