Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think I quit...

Quote Originally Posted by Empire23 View Post
    Im sure you all love cigars, but have they ever loved you back?
    Ask M.L. that same question.

Blog Entries

Today its cigars and hooch.....what's next? Drive straight home from work, call in on your lunch hour, and be sure to eat your veggies!!! I love my mother, but I moved out of her house. I think BPP is right, you wanted support and got slapped by reality.

[IMG][img=http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/3977/sguirrellm8.th.jpg][/IMG]

Empire's testes

I give up,I cant get the damn picture to upload
    Last edited by dpenix76; 10-18-2006 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dpenix76 View Post
    [IMG][img=http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/3977/sguirrellm8.th.jpg][/IMG]

Empire's testes

I give up,I cant get the damn picture to upload

Here ya go

Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Thanks

bigpoppapuff Guest

i have a question for you,emp.......is there anything about her that you wish she wouldn't do...anything about her that you'd like to change??.....

or is it strictly a one way street.....??....

think about that....and once she has your balls...you can't even borrow 'em for a night to go out with the guys...

Dude, I'm not gonna be as hard on you as these other BOTL's, but make sure you really know why you're doing this.

If you're on a mission to be completely healthy, you know: only eating organic, unprocessed food, exercising, etc... then that's cool. I've got some friends who have no issue finding their sac, they just want to be healthy man killing machines (quite a few are involved with the martial arts).

BUT, if it's anything short of that, religious, or health reasons, it's not worth it. My wife doesn't like when I smoke the stogies, or when I drink (not because I'm a mean drunk, but because drinking adds weight I don't need), but she knows that's one of my things, one of the ways I enjoy life, just like she enjoys shopping or going to a mall to unwind.

So, make sure you know why.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Empire was in trouble. After being married to his wife for one year he forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was really upset. She told him, "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE!".

The next morning Empire got up early and left for work.

When his wife woke up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a small box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway. Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought the box back in the house. She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Funeral services for Empire have been scheduled for Friday.

Default Ad from a Utah Paper

Post Date: Aug 7th, 2006
    Expire Date: Sep 6th, 2006

$10,000
    06' Suzuki GSXR 1000
    Farmington, UT 84025 - Aug 7, 2006
    2006 Suzuki 1000. This bike is perfect! It has 1000 miles and has had its 500 mile dealer service. (Expensive) It's been adult ridden, all wheels have always been on the ground. I use it as a cruiser/commuter. I'm selling it because it was purchased without proper consent of a loving wife. Apparently "do whatever the f*** you want" doesn't mean what I thought. Call me, Steve. (801)867-8292

Haha, you guys are great. I dont mind the hard responses here because they are truthful.

The reasons she doesnt like it is religious for her, but not so much for me.

Im still confused on what im going to do about smoking, and with her. If I dont stay with her, will I start smoking again? Maybe, but its not a sure thing.

Thanks for all the responses from you guys, some of em are awesome.

Heres another joke that kinda goes along with this thread that came out of Maxim magazine last month...

"Ive been making alot of freudian slips lately" a man tells his pal.
    "Like what?" his friend asks
    "Well, last week I asked a train conductor for a picket to Tittsburgh ."
    "I did something similar the other day" says the friend. "My wife and I were having breakfast and instead of saying 'Honey please pass the
    butter,' I said 'You bitch, you've ruined my life!'"

Ill keep you guys updated and let you know when and if she finally does get to keep my balls in her purse.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Post Date: Aug 7th, 2006
    Expire Date: Sep 6th, 2006

$10,000
    06' Suzuki GSXR 1000
    Farmington, UT 84025 - Aug 7, 2006
    2006 Suzuki 1000. This bike is perfect! It has 1000 miles and has had its 500 mile dealer service. (Expensive) It's been adult ridden, all wheels have always been on the ground. I use it as a cruiser/commuter. I'm selling it because it was purchased without proper consent of a loving wife. Apparently "do whatever the f*** you want" doesn't mean what I thought. Call me, Steve. (801)867-8292
    haha, good one. Having riden bikes though, this is a little different situation.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Empire - Glad to see you have a sense of humor.

bigpoppapuff Guest

The reasons she doesnt like it is religious for her, but not so much for me.

religious???...it can NEVER get better......please,emp...run away....

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    Be afraid... be very afraid.

Yeah I hear ya BPP. Its going to be a big part of if we actually stay together for the long run too. Its a tough subject between her and I but its something we both have to deal with.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Empire23 View Post
    Yeah I hear ya BPP. Its going to be a big part of if we actually stay together for the long run too. Its a tough subject between her and I but its something we both have to deal with.
    Well to get a fair analysis if this will work for you, ya might want to look at the war in Iraq. The attempt is trying is to assimilate these two regions of peoples but religion is playing a big role and I just do not think there will ever be a wedding, let alone a happy marriage.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the religious aspect. I mean you're a hired killer, really. Whats the big deal if you smoke.

Listen, seriously,you're about my son's age. Before he married I told him that he had to be ready to give his every waking moment to her. Not because she wanted it but because he did. And she should feel the same way for him. If either one of them could not commit to that, if there were aspects of the other they could not look past or get over, then walk away now. Those things grow and fester and before you know it the women you vowed to spend the rest of your life with is the person you hate the most. You can never be truly happy unless she supports you in what you do and vice versa.

My wife hates smoking. She can't tolerate it from a physical standpoint. But she knows how much I enjoy it and NEVER complains about it. For my part I NEVER put her in a situation where she is in contact with it. It's something I enjoy, not one of the things we do together. Emp, I encourage to talk to your gal about more that the cigar issue. This sounds a little extreme but you should make a list of all the things you care about and your dreams and aspirations and she should too, Compare lists. If they're too different you guys need to re-consider your next steps.
    Life is full of sorrow, live joyfully

Today the King came to see me, but it's not what you think.

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by guzziwrydr View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the religious aspect. I mean you're a hired killer, really. Whats the big deal if you smoke.

Listen, seriously,you're about my son's age. Before he married I told him that he had to be ready to give his every waking moment to her. Not because she wanted it but because he did. And she should feel the same way for him. If either one of them could not commit to that, if there were aspects of the other they could not look past or get over, then walk away now. Those things grow and fester and before you know it the women you vowed to spend the rest of your life with is the person you hate the most. You can never be truly happy unless she supports you in what you do and vice versa.

My wife hates smoking. She can't tolerate it from a physical standpoint. But she knows how much I enjoy it and NEVER complains about it. For my part I NEVER put her in a situation where she is in contact with it. It's something I enjoy, not one of the things we do together. Emp, I encourage to talk to your gal about more that the cigar issue. This sounds a little extreme but you should make a list of all the things you care about and your dreams and aspirations and she should too, Compare lists. If they're too different you guys need to re-consider your next steps.

what you say,guzz makes an awful lot of sense...emp...please take heed of what we've all said...you were put on earth to have a life.....try to enjoy yours......i don't really see how it can work with this girl...

Blog Entries

Exactly the same situation that my wife and I have. I have created a cozy little spot in my garage where I can work on my laptop, read the paper, do some woodworking, whatever and enjoy my smoke. My wife likes to do crafts and junk so she has a room in the house with her stuff there, when she wants to work on crafts I smoke or vice-versa, or neither.....works out great. Understanding, empathy, and comprimise......LOVE!

BTW, I am a reforming cig smoker, so I used to spend a s-load of time in the garage compared to what I do now......and she loved me back then too.

Wow. I never thought this thread would go on like this. I have though taken everything you said into account. Shes actually out of the state right now and I already know how Im going to deal with it. Its going to be up to her if she wants to stay together, but I dont know if shes going to want to after she hears what I have to say.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Thread Information