Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official World Wide Peace Pass of '08 Thread

Ok, sorry it took me so long to get this posted. Chris, I'm sure that your face must be blue after holding your breath at this point. So I looked and did not see anything against trading a NC for a ISOM, please correct me if i over looked it, but i think it is a trade based on price. that being so, here are my P/T's
    T- #2: Montecristo #2
    P- Tat Black

T- #5: montecristo #2
    P- PSD4

T- #7: DMC Robusto
    P- VSG Robusto

Put 5 Vegas Gold #1
    What say you?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

P/t's look good. We're golden

But I've never had a tat black. Are they good??
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    P/t's look good. We're golden

But I've never had a tat black. Are they good??
    Pete Johnson smokes these exclusivly. They are/were his private blend. It is like a Tat Brown with more spice and strenght to it. They are not bad. I'll get the package out tomorrow.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

OK, Taz, I'm sending these to you tomorrow.

DC: 0306 0320 0005 5677 5355
    Last edited by Cabaiguan Juan; 03-25-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: package sent on 3/25

Updated list:
    1. Fuente Opus X Super Belicoso
    2. Tatuaje Black
    3. Gurkha G3
    4. Don Carlos 2005 Robusto God Of Fire
    5. PSD4 isom
    6. LFD Mysterio
    7. VSG Robusto
    8.Gurkha Symphony
    9. Fonseca Matasa 30 anniversary
    10. Partagas Short ISOM
    11. Zino Platinum Stout
    12. LFD Vitola Camroon Cabnet
    13. Padron 1964 Torpedo
    14. Bolivar Gold Medal ISOM
    15. Diamond Crown Maximus Churchill #2
    16. Padron 3000 Maduro
    17. Cuesta Rey Stanford's Cameroon Reserve
    18. Don Kiki Brown Label Figurado
    19. Partagas Corona ISOM
    20. La Aurora Preferido 1495 series
    21. Perdomo 1991 Vintage esv Regente
    22. Cao Anni Maduro Torpedo
    23. Cao Anni Cameroon Torpedo
    24. Don Tomas Allegro
    25 Romeo y Julieta Lot 96 Series B 10th Anni
    26. San Pedro Cubana
    27. Montecristo Afrique Jambo Jambo
    28. Gurkha X Fuerte
    29. CAO Brazilia Gol!
    30. Oliva O Churchill
    31. Illusione 68
    32. Trinidad Robusto
    33. 5 Vegas Torp
    34. Camacho SLR Maduro
    35. 5 Vegas Gold #1

Sorry it took me so long Rohan.

Ok, I will submit the first pass picture. The rest of ya' bastids best get some up soon.

Spring is slowly emerging here along the Wasatch Front. It snowed this morning and melted again by the time I returned home from work. In the spirit of "World Peace", I buried some assorted 'Figurado Lilly' bulbs in the ground last fall. I did not check until today - to see if they were starting to emerge. I am glad I did! These are doing quite well, I think... ...must be the cuban seed:

Last edited by slcraiders; 03-27-2008 at 09:22 PM.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

AWESOME!! When are you gonna offer the bulbs up for trade/purchase? I have some space in the flower bed.

8. Default

OK Puts
    Cohiba Robusto ISOM
    Oliva V Torpedo
    Olivia V Lancero
    Flor de Cano ISOM
    Anejo 55
    Illusino cg:4
    Aurora 100 Anos
    Takes
    Going out in the morning

Hey, Taz. Slow down a bit and let Roham approve before you send off. Notice the other posts before people sent? No offense, but unless I am missing something, I do not see anything in your puts in the same price range as the Gold Medal. That just jumped off the page. Did you do a stick by stick comparison?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Ya, it'd probably be easier if you do a stick by stick. I don't know where to start in that list. And if you could write the names of the takes instead of the numbers I won't have to do so much flipping around too
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Ok, I will submit the first pass picture. The rest of ya' bastids best get some up soon.

Spring is slowly emerging here along the Wasatch Front. It snowed this morning and melted again by the time I returned home from work. In the spirit of "World Peace", I buried some assorted 'Figurado Lilly' bulbs in the ground last fall. I did not check until today - to see if they were starting to emerge. I am glad I did! These are doing quite well, I think... ...must be the cuban seed:

Deadly slc, deadly!!! Love it!

I've been meaning to post this picture for over a week to get the ball rolling too. My picture isn't part of the contest, but I thought I would throw one out there anyways.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Hey, Taz. Slow down a bit and let Roham approve before you send off. Notice the other posts before people sent? No offense, but unless I am missing something, I do not see anything in your puts in the same price range as the Gold Medal. That just jumped off the page. Did you do a stick by stick comparison?
    Sorry, I did not know that so I will do a stick by stick, by the way the Cohiba, Anejoa 55, Aurora all run more then thed Gold. I also tried to add some sticks that are hard to impolssible to find.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    OK Puts
    Cohiba Robusto ISOM $23
    Oliva V Torpedo $8
    Olivia V Lancero $6
    Flor de Cano ISOM $7
    Anejo 55 $30
    Illusino cg:4 $7
    Aurora 100 Anos $18
    Total $99
    Takes
    Bolivar Gold Medal ISOM $18
    Zino Platinum Stout $15
    Partagas Corona ISOM $11

Romeo y Julieta Lot 96 Series B 10th Anni $8
    Cao Anni Cameroon Torpedo $8
    PSD4 isom $14
    Total $88
    Going out in the morning
    I just did a quick search at the common sites so I am sure you could find them higher or lower, Except for the Anejo #55 which you can not find and at Auction right now $30 would be a good price. And Like I said I also Tried to put in sticks that are hard to impossible to find. Thought some might enjoy tring them if they have not.
    Roham but If you feel I fell short just let me know I was actually trying to give more then I took. If so I already mailed I will resend more, I was going on vaction today and wanted to get them out.
    Let me know Don

I just did a quick search at the common sites so I am sure you could find them higher or lower, Except for the Anejo #55 which you can not find and at Auction right now $30 would be a good price. And Like I said I also Tried to put in sticks that are hard to impossible to find. Thought some might enjoy tring them if they have not.
    Roham but If you feel I fell short just let me know I was actually trying to give more then I took. If so I already mailed I will resend more, I was going on vaction today and wanted to get them out.
    Let me know Don

Looks Ok to me. Hope you have a good vacation!!

Let me know Don
    Don,

Thanks for the repost. Just to be clear, I am not implying that you are trying to pull anything over or short-change the pass. I felt your post was rushed allowing no time for a review/o.k. If Roham is cool, then you are golden.

Please understand that stick value is usually determined by MSRP (box price divided by the number of cigars in the box). The Anejo runs no more that $10 MSRP and is not necessarily hard/impossible to find. I would not spend $30 on one- nor would I put in a $30 cigar to trade for it in a pass. The rest of your prices are a bit off as well. For example, the Cohiba Robusto is a $15 stick and the Aurora would go for about the same and that is for the priciest vitola for that blend. You do not indicate a size in your 'puts' listing.

Again, no hard feelings. I know your intentions are good and that is all that matters in the spirit of a pass. Enjoy your vacation

--Drive-By Truckers

I'm ready Taz!
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I dunno ya'll. This is exactly the reason why noobs shouldn't be allowed in passes until they have some experience on the board, are familiar with general rules, and have earned some cred. This guy has cigar prices and pass protocol totally fucked up. Based on his actions in this pass, I would never be in a trade/pass with Taz. Ya'll can be cool with it. I'm not.

To sharpen the point:

Top25 has shitty reviews, but the MSRPs there are fairly reliable. Checking there reveals

There are several Cohiba robustos and none of them MSRPs for $23.
    The Olivas are accurate.
    His Aurora is over-priced
    The 55 is ludicrously over-priced.

I didn't check the rest.

But, mailing them before a green light from Roham was straight up bullshit.
    Last edited by basil; 03-30-2008 at 11:30 AM.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I dunno ya'll. This is exactly the reason why noobs shouldn't be allowed in passes until they have some experience on the board, are familiar with general rules, and have earned some cred. This guy has cigar prices and pass protocol totally fucked up. Based on his actions in this pass, I would never be in a trade/pass with Taz. Ya'll can be cool with it. I'm not.

To sharpen the point:

Top25 has shitty reviews, but the MSRPs there are fairly reliable. Checking there reveals

There are several Cohiba robustos and none of them MSRPs for $23.
    The Olivas are accurate.
    His Aurora is over-priced
    The 55 is ludicrously over-priced.

I didn't check the rest.

But, mailing them before a green light from Roham was straight up bullshit.
    I have to agree with Basil on this one. Even if the values ended up being where they should be, without a confirmation, nothing should leave if those are pass rules. If confirmation occurred in some other way, say via phone, fine, we don't all need to see it.

I also understand not wanting to sit on a pass because of vacation, but if it's going to be that close of a call, you just say, skip me and come back at the end, or just skip me altogether.

As a reminder, rarity vs. value doesn't compute except in the extremes. If you're pulling out a RyJ 1994 ISOM which technically has a 10.00 MSRP, then no doubt it is worth more than that since it is impossible to attain such a cigar for 10 bucks. But with the Fuente, Padron, Tat stuff, it just isn't rare enough (with the exception of the uncommon lines of Opus and Hemingway). Value must always be met in the common cases, regardless of rarity.
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 03-30-2008 at 01:30 PM.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

And another word about MSRP - Often times, the MSRP that is published is higher, sometimes much higher, than what the cigar can be had for consistently. So, one can't always use MSRP to price a cigar in a pass; saying that cigar X is worth $12 MSRP when that cigar can be bought for $8 online or in any B&M anytime is dishonest.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I agree with Basil and BMF, but if Roham OK's it then I guess its fine.

Thread Information