Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
Taz,

I'm sure you have participated in all sorts of "gentlemenly" passes, but not here. That's almost as bad as referencing an ebay feedback score (almost because you may have cred from another board that a FOG here frequents and thus is willing to back you up).

Basil wasn't making any comment on whose humidor is bigger than whose, and for you to make such a comment is just a sad and arrogant thing. Basil was pointing out you were not following the rules and that MSRP doesn't equal on-line values nor does it match with rarity. He did say he wouldn't want to trade with you because you essentially broke a rule.

For you to respond like this, the "backhanded" high road, shows your altimeter is off, you've done nothing good in this response. You should have just apologized and left it at that. Furthermore, to insinuate I'm some kind of mooching or leeching ass and the only reason I want to attack you (which I didn't even do, just said "not a cool move") is so I can obtain your "oh so rare and expensive" cigars is just plain bullsh*t. As has been sad many times on many boards, an "I'm sorry" followed by an "f@*# you!" is not much of an apology. I suggest you take some time to cool your pride while on vacation and realize this is just not how things are done on quality cigar boards.
Amen.
I didn't see an attack anywhere in the previous posts, and actually all the replies were confined to legitimate issue with the handling of the pass:
1. Value
2. sending prior to approve
Both issues were addressed straight up and without "insult", believe me, it could have been worse.

Basil said he won't trade/pass with you......I wouldn't either, if not because of your pass behaviour, your response that BigMac Fu quoted would seal the deal. I would venture to guess that there are more members than just me that feel this way now.

The pass host let you off on breaking the rule of sending prior to approval. The rules as listed in the first post sorta let you off on the value thingy "approximate value" is all that the rules state so I guess you get a lot of lee-way with the "approximate" qualifier.

Oh, and I bet your humidor kicks the shit out of mine.....