Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where do you smoke?

1. Default

I smoke on my screened in lanai 365 days a year. The weather here on the west coast of Florida is always great for smoking outside.

Quote Originally Posted by The Master
    I smoke on my screened in lanai 365 days a year. The weather here on the west coast of Florida is always great for smoking outside.
    Where do you live on the West Coast of FL?? We have a condo in Naples.

Last night it was in the 40's here in WI. I smoked out in the garage with the door shut. I froze my ass off!! I need to get a small heater for out there, if not, it is going to be a long winter.

Yeah, i live on the East coast of Fl. and agree with the screened-in porch approach for year round (in between hurricanes, or course). I've never smoked inside, and don't plan to, I think my other half would kill me. I like the still times of the night, about 1 AM-ish, when the wind is practically not blowing (again, in between hurricanes). And the most important place i smoke is among friends. I feel that smoking alone is like drinking alone. You're not addicted untill you do it by yourself, but that's just my view.

Quote Originally Posted by MadurosRock
    Yeah, i live on the East coast of Fl. and agree with the screened-in porch approach for year round (in between hurricanes, or course). I've never smoked inside, and don't plan to, I think my other half would kill me. I like the still times of the night, about 1 AM-ish, when the wind is practically not blowing (again, in between hurricanes). And the most important place i smoke is among friends. I feel that smoking alone is like drinking alone. You're not addicted untill you do it by yourself, but that's just my view.
    Are you saying I am an addict???

I don't smoke inside the house. My wife doesn't like it too much when I smoke inside the garage. But, I open the door when I am done to air out the garage. It is too figgin cold to smoke outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484

I don't smoke inside the house. My wife doesn't like it too much when I smoke inside the garage. But, I open the door when I am done to air out the garage. It is too figgin cold to smoke outside.
    Not only are you an addict your a wuss. Freezing is not 40 degrees inside a sheltered garage. You delicate little flower.
    Remember to breathe

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484

Your not even allowed to smoke in the garage ?If you ask nicely your wife may give your balls back
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

I think it'd be rather nice to be "too cold" to smoke outside. It's still too hot to sleep soundly here with anything thicker than a sheet.

Oh, and Superman, i think it's a tad strange for somone to put his whole home address on a forum, but that's just me. By the way, here's what your house look like from above. I was kinda bored, and thought i'd go ahead and try it.

And sorry for any offence to the whole "addict" thing, but i stand by my words

Cool

Dad-gum fellers, I din't mean for y'all to get snippy. I'm 47 and never smoked in my house until we got one that was big enough so as I could have a room to isolate. I've been smoking outside on the porch for 20 years because of my family. I wish I had a garage to do my thing, some y'all lucky to have them. I guess i'm an addict cause I don't need anyone around to enjoy a good smoke. Sh** the best i've had were when I was alone. When I get a good smoke alone I thank GOD and the little people that grow/roll them for the experience. I da** sure don't need some needy jack*** talking to me while I enjoy the fruit of this earth. Where is it written that man needs company to be pleased?? I have watched many earthly events by my self and enjoyed them, a friend or family member along is a bonus. The monkey on my back has a cutter and a light.

Rick

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by MadurosRock
    I think it'd be rather nice to be "too cold" to smoke outside. It's still too hot to sleep soundly here with anything thicker than a sheet.

Oh, and Superman, i think it's a tad strange for somone to put his whole home address on a forum, but that's just me. By the way, here's what your house look like from above. I was kinda bored, and thought i'd go ahead and try it.

And sorry for any offence to the whole "addict" thing, but i stand by my words
    thanks,meant to put it under my profile ,haven't changed it
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Nice place, superman. Is that a german shepard? Nice rose garden.

Quote Originally Posted by volshooter
    Dad-gum fellers, I din't mean for y'all to get snippy. I'm 47 and never smoked in my house until we got one that was big enough so as I could have a room to isolate. I've been smoking outside on the porch for 20 years because of my family. I wish I had a garage to do my thing, some y'all lucky to have them. I guess i'm an addict cause I don't need anyone around to enjoy a good smoke. Sh** the best i've had were when I was alone. When I get a good smoke alone I thank GOD and the little people that grow/roll them for the experience. I da** sure don't need some needy jack*** talking to me while I enjoy the fruit of this earth. Where is it written that man needs company to be pleased?? I have watched many earthly events by my self and enjoyed them, a friend or family member along is a bonus. The monkey on my back has a cutter and a light.

Rick
    Couldn't agree more Rick! To smoke with friends is a bonus, not a necessity! I smoke 90% of the time alone on my balcony. In my opinion, that's the beauty of a fine cigar; it is an event, not something done to satisfy a need or craving. I see people at work always running down to grab a smoke break, and they're back in 10 mintutes. When I choose to enjoy a cigar, I am committing the next 1-2 hours. Maybe my IPOD accompanying me, or an adult beverage of some sort. I do have plenty of cigar smoking friends, and all are welcome to join me, but I can find immense pleasure in the quiet solitude after a hectic day of fighting rush hour traffic and irate clients.
    A woman is a woman, but a cigar is a smoke...

In the nicer weather its out on the back deck with a drink while listening to the radio or reading a book. When the weather sucks or its cold Im banished to the garage with the door up and me freezing my butt off.

Wife gave the green light to build a shed...aka a clubhouse. Now just have to figure out how big to accomidate stuff plus leave me a little smoking area with tv and little woodstove.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hp-^
    Nice place, superman. Is that a german shepard? Nice rose garden.

14. Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pierce652
    Wife gave the green light to build a shed...aka a clubhouse. Now just have to figure out how big to accomidate stuff plus leave me a little smoking area with tv and little woodstove.
    1,400 sq. feet ought to be enough, so long as you have plenty of shelves and running water.

Quote Originally Posted by pierce652
    Depends if you smoke with friends etc. often (i'm not gonna get into the "addict" thing again) If it's just you, then like a 6'X5' with a 10'X20' Insulated, temperature and humidity regulated, spanish-cedar lined extension room for your smokes should be sufficient. If you have other people, you should make the base room an 8'X7' and put a lock on the extension room .
    "A good cigar, a good cutter, good friends and a good 3700° F lighter is all you really need." ~Me

Thread Information