Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wine with cigars

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe
    All you lack is a palate and culture
    my palate does just fine with cigars, not old grape juice!

I've only tried a few, and the people that suggested them were idiots, atleast they don't know there bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    I am not partial to wine with anything. Give me a nice cold beer, or, if it is the weekend...I will drink the Captain like there's no tomorrow!!
    Merlot and herb roasted meats (beef, lamb, fowl, etc.) is heavenly!

Pinot Grigio and Italian pasta dishes is great.

Reisling or other sweet young wines cold, by themselves or with picnic type fare.

reaganyouth84 Guest

I bought a bottle of wine from the Biltmore Estate the other day. Pretty good stuff, its a white zinfandel, and goes great with pasta, chicken, pretty much anything italian. Its really good wine and the price tag is nice too. Only $5.99 for a 750 ML bottle. I've never had wine with a cigar though.

-Mike

I like red meat and game, my wife won't go near beef, she is more of a fish/chicken girl so a good pinot noir from Cali usually works for both of us. Arcadian Pinot Noir is a great wine, but it's a small vinyard and I can't usually find it around NH.

5. Default

I would definitely second a Bordeaux. St Emillion is especially suited to more full bodied cigars (Cohiba Siglo iv for example).

With a Montecristo I would choose a Mojito (what else ) or even a beer. I had a couple of pints of London Pride with a Montecristo number 2 last week and the combination was surprisingly pleasing.
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    Merlot and herb roasted meats (beef, lamb, fowl, etc.) is heavenly!

Pinot Grigio and Italian pasta dishes is great.

Reisling or other sweet young wines cold, by themselves or with picnic type fare.
    I had a bad experience with Merlot. I drank a bottle+. Not a good time. Just the thought of it makes want to hurl right now. Oh wait, that also could be the massive hangover I have right now. Played a little late last night!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    I had a bad experience with Merlot. I drank a bottle+. Not a good time. Just the thought of it makes want to hurl right now. Oh wait, that also could be the massive hangover I have right now. Played a little late last night!

That'll do it bro! Merlot is very dry and almost %12 alcohol. The next step up is schnapps or fruit brandy. Personally, I'm getting to be a wimp in my old age. I can still handle my liquor, but my guts are tore up for half the next day from top to bottom. I tend to drink a lot less because of that these days. At about 4-5 drinks, I start getting worried.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reaganyouth84
    I bought a bottle of wine from the Biltmore Estate the other day. Pretty good stuff, its a white zinfandel, and goes great with pasta, chicken, pretty much anything italian. Its really good wine and the price tag is nice too. Only $5.99 for a 750 ML bottle. I've never had wine with a cigar though.

-Mike
    The Biltmore Estate in Ashville NC? Very cool place. I spent a couple of nights at a B&B in Ashville last year, toured the estate, rode some horses and finished up the night doing some tasting's at the Winery.

It's a great place to take a date.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

9. Default

Kenyth, what you describe is fairly common in older guts( like mine) and known as alcohol ( or any corrosive food) induced gastritis...ask the quack about PROTON PUMP INHIBITORS.
    He will try to get you to stop drinking and smoking altogether but when you explain that there would be no point to living after that, he will probably give you some to take if you are expecting to have a drink or texmex that day.
    Cohibanut, I couldn't agree more. Beer goes great with a monte2 and although I drink wine alot, I would prefer beer with a cigar.
    Now I have said this before but you should try straight rum ( dark heavy) navy rum with a heavy cigar. Nothing finer than a swallow of lambs navy rum followed by the smoke of a good maduro....the taste of both just explode on the tongue....right thats it I've set myself off....got to go, no No 2's left but still got No4's.
    HEY COHIBANUT, NO GARLIC
    steel true, blade straight....Headstone of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

10. Default

What? Not even with frogs legs?

Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

11. Default

frogs legs is it? I am more of a wing man but you don't see many frogs wings, with or without garlic. And while I'm on, what about buffalo wings...plenty of meat but take a helluva 12 bore to bring one of those suckers down. and you never here of buffalo legs...do they chuck them or is that what macdonalds uses.
    Also , do they pluck or skin them, and what wine would you recommend with it?
    steel true, blade straight....Headstone of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

FPDoc77 Guest

I like a nice chardonnay with a light/medium cigar. NFL Sunday is a full bodied and a Great Lakes beer.

Thread Information