Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RealPuroBrat

Default RealPuroBrat

Don't get too comfortable PuroMooch.

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

2. Default

Comfortable is what I intend to be. If you think that you can change that, then fact is you don't know me at all. You keep messing up my name as well. In case your reading is off, it is Puro (meaning cigar) and Brat (because that is what my wife calls me all the time) and I put them together. PuroBrat!! I have used this name for several years. It was never PuroMooch, because I do not Mooch. Like your sig says, I prefer to buy what I consume, thank you.

I would truly think that if you want to try and make someone feel uncomfortable, you would concentrate those efforts on someone who Welshed on a deal, ripped someone off or failed to pay for something they agreed to pay for. Or maybe you would want to beat up on someone who sold fake goods to other BOTL.

In other words, why attack me when I have never done any of the things above? Why attack someone who has NEVER done anything to another BOTL. Why try to make someone feel uncomfortable when all they ever wanted, and all they still want is to enjoy polite conversation with others who like cigars? I don't get your reasoning. Are you really that small that you have to attack someone who is innocent and try to paint them as Guilty of something?

I feel sorry for you. I actually was starting to think you were really a good guy, but this thread you started proves me wrong. Oh well, we all know my record for character judging, I guess I am still off on that. Thank you for setting me straight about you again, I needed that.
    Bitte geehrter Herr, stoppen das Spinnen der Welt, ich möchte weg erhalten.

Ohhhh PuroBrat...lest we forget the past?

PuroBrat was banned at CigarSnobs.

PuroBrat was ostrocized and shunned from CigarPass after 6000+ posts.

PuroBrat was flogged and run off CigarFamily.

This is not the legacy of an innocent man Michael. That many BOTLs can't be wrong.

As I stated before, don't get comfortable here Michael.
    Last edited by Hugh Jorgan; 08-02-2005 at 11:24 PM.

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

4. Default

This garbage you are starting right here is the reason why I no longer go to any of those places. I made a choice to stop posting at CigarFamily a long time ago. I still have an account there as well as CigarPass. As for CigarSnobs... another story all together, seeing as how I did nothing there accept piss off Leebo, and that must be terrible thing indeed.

I would like for you to show me ONE time that I ever wronged another person. Just one, and if you can, then I will STFU and go away.

All the things you are accusing me of being and or doing are just plain wrong, period. So put up, or shut up.

As for
    That many BOTLs can't be wrong.
    that many BOTL are simply following the same lead that you must be following. I regret to tell you that the lead is wrong. Go ahead, look for yourself. Instead of spreading the same stale stuff, find the facts. You will see that I am not what that reputation is trying to paint me as.

As for this conversation, unless you show evidence of these accusations, then I will consider this line of closed.

One more time, I am tired of defending myself, and I see no need to continue. So Show it or Stow it.

Puro - I've got two questions for you, and I want direct, honest answers...

1) How many cigars have you RECEIVED from fellow "BOTL's" since you've been on the cigar boards.

2) How many cigars have you SENT to other "BOTL's" since you've been on the cigar boards.

And please don't lie...

And keep your answer to cigars, not your stories of pity.

`
    `

7. Default

Are we on THAT again?

I will answer your question as best I can. But I want you to answer me one.

I received a package of Lars Tetans from That Henry, the Shill from Cigar Pass. This box had about 100 Lars in it. It was a total surprise, it was not something I asked for and I smoked about half of them and gave the rest away.

I received about 20 or so Cigars from AVB at CP, also a complete surprise and not something I asked for, or even wanted (though I thanked him for his generosity) and I gave a bunch of those away as well.

I have also received a number of smaller packages from several others, all total probably another 25 or 30 cigars not counting the Dog Rockets they threw in because they didn't know another soul who would actually light them. Of those I shared a great many with fellow BOTL at 2 different fire departments.

I have sent out maybe 3 or 4 packages for a total of about 8 or 10 cigars and a couple half pound bags of coffee beans. As gifts or repayment for kindness.

These figures do not include several prize packages for contests that I entered and won.

I also got back a pass I sent out with a great many more cigars than I sent out in it (thanks to some extremely generous BOTL) and I shared a good portion of those at Herfs, Smokers and with coworkers who smoked cigars.

While I do not spend much time at the post office, I do share cigars with anybody I meet who wishes to join me in a smoke. Usually sharing the best ones and smoking the lessor ones (not to martyr myself there, but it is none the less a fact).

Now, my turn....

If someone sends you some cigars because they know that you are struggling, then that someone sees you sending lots of cigars to others, isn't that telling them they sent you cigars on false information? You obviously are not in need of their charity if you in turn send out loads of packages. I do PIF these cigars, I just do it in person, or as a care package to the Fireman who I have great respect for (of which I have delivered probably 4 packages of a dozen or more each, comprised of the better cigars I came across - this was at 4 different fire houses and came on the heels of the 9-11 tragedy).

I have had several mutually beneficial trades with others, a couple at Cigar Family and one or two at Cigar Pass.

If it makes me a Mooch because when I was really broke, some great guys felt sorry for me for smoking Gas Station Cigars, then I guess a Mooch I must be. But it is not because I set out to bilk BOTL or trick someone into sending me cigars. I actually have a lot of guilt for having let them know what shape I was in, thereby making them feel sorry for me. I do not want any ones pity, nor do I want any ones cigars. But I cannot afford to ship cigars through the mail. This is why I started declining invitations to passes and trades, of which there were several.

I have met many great BOTL, and I owe many of them a great deal. I can only hope that someday I can afford to repay their kindness. In case you missed the facts, I STOPPED publishing my address, and I STOPPED telling people how broke I was. You know why? Because I did not want their Pity, and I did not want anyone sending me cigars I could not afford to repay. I feel that way now, and I will from now on. I am a member of our VFD and will take cigars to every meeting and to every fire call. I will buy those cigars. IF for some reason, someone decides to send me ANY cigars in the future that I did not ask for, that is where they will go. I do not need them, but my fellow Firemen love them.

As a matter of fact, I went today and purchased 12 Torano 1959 gold Toros to take up to the Fire Hall Next week at our meeting. Does this sound like the Mooch you guys claim that I am?

Just for the record, my head is above water now and I am finally getting to where I can stand on my own two feet. My finances are slowly improving and I am able to buy an occasional "Real" cigar to enjoy, and buying a few extras from time to time to share with local BOTL. I am feeling better about my place in my community and finally see that I have something to offer my neighbours besides comic relief. I hope this has cleared up some of your questions, and if not then I will accept that you still view me as a POS and a Pariah. Luckily there are many who really know who I am and what I am about who have respect for me and enjoy my company. That is good enough for me, regardless of what you think of me.

Blog Entries

My problem with you is you don't like how you were treated at other boards and you go to The Island of the Misfit Toys, they make you a "Moderator" and you proceed to act WORSE to others engaging in the behavior that you abhor and constatnly whine about.

You were downright rude, nasty and offensive to MANY people over on the Island and you know you were. YOU got to be the big bully for once and you loved every minute of it, it was your opportunity to "get even" with the "pricks" like Leebo and others who've jumped on you in the past when most times you deserved it even though you never thought you did.

Okay, you're going to sit there and say "They deserved it" BULLSHIT they did Michael, YOU are supposed to be some big shot "Moderator" who is supposed to have the temperment to be able to handle "touchy" situations WITHOUT losing control. You, Zac, SFG75, Blodick & Corey NEVER exhibited reasonable common sense in how you handled that whole pathetic Island of the Misfit Toys fiasco. And I'll bet you're all STILL wondering why it failed? It was all Moheganson, SaintLuisRey, bloodgutton2, HughJorgan and EVERYONE elses fault but your own. You guys will NEVER admit any part of ruining that place will you?

Do you NOW realize that Moheganson and SaintLuisRey were RIGHT when they said that SFG75, Oblick, larrynj, TheSultan and Zac and Corey are NO GOOD PIECES OF TRASH? I f you don't want to answer most of these questions, at least answer this last one.......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

9. Default

Oh I admit that I made great mistakes. I lost my temper and said things I regretted. That happens to be one of my downfalls, Bill. Difference is, when I blow off and blast someone unreasonably, I do feel bad about it. I do feel regret. Unlike others who will NEVER admit when they are wrong. That is the reason I asked Zac to remove me as Mod. I told him when he asked me to do it that I was not qualified. I hated it, but he set rules and we had to fallow them. Granted I acted unprofessional on several occasions, but I was still doing what he expected of me, wrong or right. And for the record, it was mostly wrong. I didn't want the job, but I accepted it with reservations. I resigned from it because what I most feared happened, I lost my temper. That place was doomed from the start, just by the way it got started. But the heavy handed moderating certainly was a BIG factor in the demise. You are most correct about that.

But please believe me when I tell you that I did nothing there out of a personal vendetta. I really don't care what any of those guys did to me, real or imagined. And we both know that my imagination sees conspiracy where none exists, another flaw I carry with less than pride. And as Hoke as it sounds, I really just want to get along with you and all the others. I hope you see that. And I am truly sorry for anything I did that you feel was wrongdoing.

Quote Originally Posted by RealPurobrat
    Are we on THAT again?

I will answer your question as best I can. But I want you to answer me one.

I received a package of Lars Tetans from That Henry, the Shill from Cigar Pass. This box had about 100 Lars in it. It was a total surprise, it was not something I asked for and I smoked about half of them and gave the rest away.

I received about 20 or so Cigars from AVB at CP, also a complete surprise and not something I asked for, or even wanted (though I thanked him for his generosity) and I gave a bunch of those away as well.

I have also received a number of smaller packages from several others, all total probably another 25 or 30 cigars not counting the Dog Rockets they threw in because they didn't know another soul who would actually light them. Of those I shared a great many with fellow BOTL at 2 different fire departments.

I have sent out maybe 3 or 4 packages for a total of about 8 or 10 cigars and a couple half pound bags of coffee beans. As gifts or repayment for kindness.

These figures do not include several prize packages for contests that I entered and won.

I also got back a pass I sent out with a great many more cigars than I sent out in it (thanks to some extremely generous BOTL) and I shared a good portion of those at Herfs, Smokers and with coworkers who smoked cigars.

While I do not spend much time at the post office, I do share cigars with anybody I meet who wishes to join me in a smoke. Usually sharing the best ones and smoking the lessor ones (not to martyr myself there, but it is none the less a fact).

Now, my turn....

If someone sends you some cigars because they know that you are struggling, then that someone sees you sending lots of cigars to others, isn't that telling them they sent you cigars on false information? You obviously are not in need of their charity if you in turn send out loads of packages. I do PIF these cigars, I just do it in person, or as a care package to the Fireman who I have great respect for (of which I have delivered probably 4 packages of a dozen or more each, comprised of the better cigars I came across - this was at 4 different fire houses and came on the heels of the 9-11 tragedy).

I have had several mutually beneficial trades with others, a couple at Cigar Family and one or two at Cigar Pass.

If it makes me a Mooch because when I was really broke, some great guys felt sorry for me for smoking Gas Station Cigars, then I guess a Mooch I must be. But it is not because I set out to bilk BOTL or trick someone into sending me cigars. I actually have a lot of guilt for having let them know what shape I was in, thereby making them feel sorry for me. I do not want any ones pity, nor do I want any ones cigars. But I cannot afford to ship cigars through the mail. This is why I started declining invitations to passes and trades, of which there were several.

I have met many great BOTL, and I owe many of them a great deal. I can only hope that someday I can afford to repay their kindness. In case you missed the facts, I STOPPED publishing my address, and I STOPPED telling people how broke I was. You know why? Because I did not want their Pity, and I did not want anyone sending me cigars I could not afford to repay. I feel that way now, and I will from now on. I am a member of our VFD and will take cigars to every meeting and to every fire call. I will buy those cigars. IF for some reason, someone decides to send me ANY cigars in the future that I did not ask for, that is where they will go. I do not need them, but my fellow Firemen love them.

As a matter of fact, I went today and purchased 12 Torano 1959 gold Toros to take up to the Fire Hall Next week at our meeting. Does this sound like the Mooch you guys claim that I am?

Just for the record, my head is above water now and I am finally getting to where I can stand on my own two feet. My finances are slowly improving and I am able to buy an occasional "Real" cigar to enjoy, and buying a few extras from time to time to share with local BOTL. I am feeling better about my place in my community and finally see that I have something to offer my neighbours besides comic relief. I hope this has cleared up some of your questions, and if not then I will accept that you still view me as a POS and a Pariah. Luckily there are many who really know who I am and what I am about who have respect for me and enjoy my company. That is good enough for me, regardless of what you think of me.

So you are saying people DID send you cigars "on false information"?

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

11. Default

Oh yeah, and YES, I have realized for some time now that there was truth in what those guys were saying about the Misfits, absolutely

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by grand cru no 2
    So you are saying people DID send you cigars "on false information"?
    Not at all, the information was very correct. I could not afford to buy good smokes, much less to mail them around the country. But what I could do, is to share what I had with those around me. It was the least I could do when so many Fine BOTL were sending me cigars I could not afford.

I hope for a way to repay each and every one in the future.

But it comes as no surprise that some would read into what I posted there whatever they need to so as to keep their oppinion of me intact. Sorry you feel that need. I am hoping to change that oppinion, cause bro, it's just wrong. I am not a bad guy, or a swindler, or a pariah. It just ain't so.

13. Default

By the way Grand Cru... That Avitar is Va Va Va Voom, are you single?

Michael,

There is no doubt you have changed your tone in this thread. You are acting contrite and humble. However, this is not the way you have acted in the past (and for QUITE a while I might add). This history of yours did not suddenly occur within the last few months - nor does it suddenly end at this site. I wonder how long this current phase of your personality will last. It seems you've been in this exact same position on a number of occasions previously. Every single time they have ended in disaster for you - unfortunately also causing hard feelings amongst other board members who had to put up with the crap while you were there.

You are correct in stating that you do not CURRENTLY mooch anything. You have, though, very clearly posted in numerous threads at various boards over the years your "situation" (i.e. no money, disabled, etc.). You whined, bitched and moaned when someone sent you some free cigars - pestering the hell out of the generous person who sent them to you - because someone at the post office lost them. You have a history, Michael. Whether you will admit it or not, you are a mooch. You have been one, and you will continue to be one. The crap about passing them out to firemen friends as a way of paying back the community is a new twist to your plot. Funny, you've never mentioned that before until you got here... How is it that all of a sudden you've been doing it for some time, but never mentioned it before? C'mon - I didn't just fall off the turnip truck...

You also have had SEVERAL run ins over the years - "melt-downs" shall we say.... Not only at Cigar Pass and Cigar Snobs, but several other cigar boards as well (ie CF). While those posts may be a distant memory in your mind, they are not forgotten...

Hugh is right - don't get too comfortable. You're walking in here like you're getting a fresh start - like nothing has ever happened - playing the "poor me" routine you've become famous for - "I'll only stay of you allow me to..", crap You, sir, are carrying a whole SHITLOAD of dirty laundry with you. And I, for one, will not see you fuck this place up because you want a place to hang out. You may be lonely at the Island, but that's the "utopia" you envisioned for yourself when you started your current misdeeds. Your "sentence" of isolation came from a whole lot of tolerance of others for what you were who are fed up with your behavior, period! Like a criminal that has been sentenced to exile, you can't just say "Okay, everything is good now..." and expect to be admitted back into the community. You've got some SERIOUS penance to do before that happens.

Spend some more time at your cricket farm and survey what you've created. You asked for it - you got it...

Quote Originally Posted by RealPurobrat
    Comfortable is what I intend to be. If you think that you can change that, then fact is you don't know me at all. You keep messing up my name as well. In case your reading is off, it is Puro (meaning cigar) and Brat (because that is what my wife calls me all the time) and I put them together. PuroBrat!! I have used this name for several years. It was never PuroMooch, because I do not Mooch. Like your sig says, I prefer to buy what I consume, thank you.

I would truly think that if you want to try and make someone feel uncomfortable, you would concentrate those efforts on someone who Welshed on a deal, ripped someone off or failed to pay for something they agreed to pay for. Or maybe you would want to beat up on someone who sold fake goods to other BOTL.

In other words, why attack me when I have never done any of the things above? Why attack someone who has NEVER done anything to another BOTL. Why try to make someone feel uncomfortable when all they ever wanted, and all they still want is to enjoy polite conversation with others who like cigars? I don't get your reasoning. Are you really that small that you have to attack someone who is innocent and try to paint them as Guilty of something?

I feel sorry for you. I actually was starting to think you were really a good guy, but this thread you started proves me wrong. Oh well, we all know my record for character judging, I guess I am still off on that. Thank you for setting me straight about you again, I needed that.
    Hey, Hugh... Why don't you go chase after the bad guys and leave this poor, PuroBrat guy alone. He's not done anything wrong...

And here is Michael - in all his glory... The contrite, humble Michael... Not the Michael that posted the thread about learning his lesson, giving all his extra REAL NICE cigars to the firemen. The Michael who continues to claim that he has never, EVER done anything wrong...

Yeah, right...

16. Default

George, you ask a question, you asked for the truth and I gave you just that. As usual you discount everything I say, accuse me of making it up and still push your warped recollections of the whole issue. You sir have a problem. I really don't care what you think, though I might have. You see, the people who really know me, do not feel the way you do. And those people are the ones that I care what they think. In your mind, you have made up a persona of what you think I am, but you didn't bother to Know me first.

When someone who knows me, or has even bothered to try and get to know me, tells me that I am doing something wrong, I will do everything in my power to try and change it, because they are likely correct. You are only trying to get me to talk about my so called "Situation" so you can say "See, there he goes, Mooching again". Others have done that as well, call me out, force me to talk about it, then slam me for having done so. I won't be falling for that anymore. I am no different in that regard than Pavlov's Dog. I may be a slow learner, but learn I do.

You whined, bitched and moaned when someone sent you some free cigars - pestering the hell out of the generous person who sent them to you - because someone at the post office lost them. You have a history, Michael. Whether you will admit it or not, you are a mooch. You have been one, and you will continue to be one.
    Let me see, in this you claim to know who I was, what I am and also foresee my future. Unfortunately what people who read this will not know is that you Don't know me, haven't known me that long anyway, AND you are telling absolute LIES about me (I pestered someone because the post office lost it? Good lord you have quite the imagination)

Yes, I have made some errors in the way I handled myself on the boards. But I learned from those mistakes just like most newbies. The problem is, guys like you refuse to let go once you get your claws in. You just keep digging at a person. I suppose it makes you feel better, but please tell me, what are trying to save the community from? What exactly am I doing that is bad for the community?

It is what you are doing here that is causing a Ripple, NOT what I am doing. All I am doing is trying to be a member of the community. I now know that whenever I say anything I have to be very careful how I word things, because I know you and others are reading it, looking for anything you can quote to try and prove I am the "Big Bad Wolf" you want everyone to see me as. So you will not see me talking about anything regarding my "Situation", and I will only be talking about the good cigars I smoke, not the Gas Station cigars. Because whenever I mention White Owls or Garcia Vegas or whatever, you guys want to say I am trying to garner some pity.

This is truly a pathetic thing you are doing. And you guys just keep drawing me out on it. Some have said to me that I should just ignore you guys when you start this, and I may have to try that method, but I recall from high school that there were a few who seemed to get picked on, and no matter how many times those guys were backed into a corner and poked with sticks, ignoring their tormentors didn't stop the poking. I doubt it would work with you either. A Playground Bully will always be just that.

One last thing, I answered your question, but you failed to answer mine.

Ok here's a newbie question. What does BOTL mean?

Also it looks like Puro is being driven away. He posted a "new newbie" post on the club stogie board about 23 mins after his last one on this thread.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    Ok here's a newbie question. What does BOTL mean?

Also it looks like Puro is being driven away. He posted a "new newbie" post on the club stogie board about 23 mins after his last one on this thread.

BOTL= Brother of The Leaf....Not a title earned easily.

PuroMooch's ClubStogie spew:

Just wanted to say hello. I was invited over here by another member. Been looking around a bit. Nice place you got here.

A little about me...

44, Married (twice) 3 kids (25, 10, 5), Lived in Texas all my life. Had lots of various jobs, drove a truck...built fences....dug ditches....shoveled chicken stuff...then I went to college and got into computers (bad, very bad )

Now I am working on a deal to start a cigar distribution to convenience stores in my area. Also setting up an EBay store if I can get all the "stuff" worked out. In other words...I am, between jobs

I have been around a while on boards (been run off of some real good ones ) and I look forward to getting to know some of you fine BOTL. If I already know you from somewhere else... I ain't that PB, I am another one.

`
    `

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    BOTL= Brother of The Leaf....Not a title earned easily.

thanks

Thread Information